Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen wall tiles what would go with...

(13 Posts)
lemonice Tue 28-Jun-05 10:46:58

black worktop, oak units with long pewter style handles, steel appliances, indian coloured slate floor..don't know what colour to paint the kitchen yet...we are going to go out and argue about this this pm if I can do enough work before that...

SoupDragon Tue 28-Jun-05 11:08:24

earth/natural colours? In a mix of those smaller "hand made" looking tiles.

golds Tue 28-Jun-05 11:14:11

we have cream bevelled (sp?) edge brick tiles in ours, looks smart and neutral

Twiglett Tue 28-Jun-05 11:17:09

how about black toughened glass in a thin strip with a large piece behind hob

personally don't like tiles too much

your kitchen sounds like the one we're having (not indian slate floor though) I'm going to have granite upstands if that helps

fishfinger Tue 28-Jun-05 12:36:39

have some like soupy descibes form tiles are us
£1 87 each

fishfinger Tue 28-Jun-05 12:36:55

glass mare with spalshes ans streaks imo

Twiglett Tue 28-Jun-05 12:53:13

e-cloth cod

<waves finger>

kid Tue 28-Jun-05 12:57:39

we have red, green, black and cream tiles. Sounds a bit strange I know but they look really nice. We have dark worktop, cherry wood cupboards with long steel handles and dark slate style flooring.

lemonice Wed 29-Jun-05 12:25:21

Thank you for your replies...we looked yesterday but only in the dyy stores and it was too hot but today went to the tile warehouse in stratford and found some tiles which we both liked.

They are cream, caramel and burgundy but quite soft traditional stone style and thick but small 4 inch probably...as per our usual luck the cream weren't in stock but hopefully will get them to order in 2 weeks. We are doing half cream and quarter each in the othe two colours so I think we went for Soupdragon's suggestion. They were 33.00 sq metre but because we only have a kitchen on one half of the room and it's mostly window we only needed 3 metres.

We always look elesewhere but end up going to Stratford and getting what we want in better quality at a good price.

sorrel Wed 29-Jun-05 12:43:17

Sounds lovely lemonice - very classy. What colour will you paint the walls-neutral cream/beige?

CountessDracula Wed 29-Jun-05 12:45:00

oh no i don't bother with tiles. You will always choose someting that someone will hate.

I have granite upstands and have just painted the wall in wipe clean matt oil based paint and I give it a wipe every so often. Then when you get bored of it can just re-paint. Plus the grout doesn't go all skadgy

lemonice Wed 29-Jun-05 12:50:22

Hi Sorrel yes I think the walls will be exciting cream/ivory colour as is most of the house!

Dp has just connected the cooker hood which was a lot cheaper than all the others we saw so will be interesting to see how well it performs.

We were totally without any kitchen units for more than a year and 6 months without an oven 2 months without a hob, and 6 weeks without a sink!!! So it's all coming together at last.

kid Wed 29-Jun-05 13:26:13

I remember those days when the kitchen was being fitted. We were without an oven for nearly 3 months, no sink for a week and just a complete mess for a kitchen for too long!#

Glad it is all coming together now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: