Talk

Advanced search

OK, what are we getting the teachers this year?

(17 Posts)
annh Mon 27-Jun-05 19:03:32

Anyone got any good ideas for ds1's two teachers for end of year presents? Have pretty much done the candle, mug, photo album route and am idea-less about anything else in that kind of price range. DS will make their cards and COULD make some kind of gift but I only want to do that if I can think of something they would actually use and not some mis-shapen lump of pottery masquerading as a pen holder!

turquoise Mon 27-Jun-05 19:07:18

I always give what I'd like to recieve - wine

Enid Mon 27-Jun-05 19:09:20

I gave wine for xmas and wasnt sure how well it was received...is a bit <<whispers, louche??>>

colditz Mon 27-Jun-05 19:11:03

Wow, that is a fabulous word, Enid.... Give the teacher a card with that word on it, in big letters

Enid Mon 27-Jun-05 19:11:16

soapbox Mon 27-Jun-05 19:12:19

Our mums have all clubbed together this year and are getting Bluewater vouchers for them.

We all thought it would be nice for them to have a sales shopping day with the vouchers.

We are also getting them a nice plant as well and one of the mums is getting all the children to draw a self-portrait which she is scanning in and putting as an insert to the card!

So all taken care of for me this year which is a bit of a relief!

turquoise Mon 27-Jun-05 19:12:50

Depends on the individual teacher I suppose, but on the whole I'd think it was preferable to an avalanche of bath products and scented candles.

nutcracker Mon 27-Jun-05 19:23:41

I think for dd1's teacher we are getting chocloate or flowers or something. Dd isn't that bothered as she doesn't like he rand neither do I.

Dd2 however loves her teacher, she wants her to adopt her. Anyway dd is going to do a card each for the teacher and TA and then I think we have decided on flowers and a gift voucher and a little something extra for the teacher.

Not sure where to get a gift voucher for though.

lucy5 Mon 27-Jun-05 19:32:44

I always appreciate chocolate and wine. I got a lovely designer handbag this year which I thought was a little excessive but I really appreciated it. Lots of teachers got pamper days where the mum s clubbed together. I think its getting a bit out of hand to be honest.

sorrel Mon 27-Jun-05 19:39:28

last year bought a small rose bush for a very beloved teacher of dd. This year as i had 5 to buy for( drama teacher/school/classroom assistant/violin teacher/etc i was stingy and went to Woolworth : two mini box of milk tray/celebrations for £2 and card beautifully fashioned by dd!

tiddlypom Mon 27-Jun-05 20:00:27

Amazon vouchers have been suggested for our much-loved teacher.

Jbck Tue 28-Jun-05 18:31:25

DD is 4 & at nursery but is attending during the holidays so do I get something just now, wait till next term or what?
DD adores her keyworker & she for her part always seems to make a particular fuss over dd so I'd like to get a little thing. I was going to do wine & chocs or a Boots voucher.

bakedpotato Tue 28-Jun-05 19:03:11

This thread makes me feel a bit faint.
Can I ask, how widespread is this custom?

hana Tue 28-Jun-05 19:07:49

I wish I taught your children!!

mogwai Tue 28-Jun-05 19:12:55

baked potato, I'm with you. Never bought any of my teachers a thing and they never expected it. Just thanked them.

I HATE getting presents from kids and/or parents, makes me cringe, and it's competitive when applied to teachers.

zebraZ Tue 28-Jun-05 19:15:53

DS1's teacher just moved into a new house... would a £5 voucher for B+Q be gauche do you think, or a nice thought? I rather dislike DS1's TA, though -- what do you get for a plump TA with bad skin, fake tan & abrupt manner whom you don't get on with?

mogwai Wed 29-Jun-05 00:57:24

their P45?

Love the description!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now