Talk

Advanced search

Which bed rail / bed guard should I buy?

(17 Posts)
franch Sat 25-Jun-05 20:08:19

Any recommendations? Something easy to attach/detach, and compact for keeping under the bed - initially we'd just use it for DD's occasional nights in our bed (later for when she gets her own bed).

Thanks

Nemo1977 Sat 25-Jun-05 20:10:51

hi i got the tomy bedrail that folds down to side of bed but also folds over so easy to slide under bed etc. IT is around £20 in argos etc. Only thing is ds only used bedrail for about 3mths.

franch Sat 25-Jun-05 20:12:24

Well, we've got another DD on the way so hopefully will get some more use out of it! Thanks Nemo

Xena Sat 25-Jun-05 20:56:01

I have one you can have. I think it is the Tomy one, we only used it a couple of times and then my sister gave us a really low bed. If you can pick it up you can have it for nothing or for the postage.

franch Sat 25-Jun-05 21:15:17

Oh, thanks Xena. Whereabouts are you?

Xena Sun 26-Jun-05 08:12:49

Eltham (there is a direct line from Charing Cross etc) Or My Dh works in St georges Hospital and the The Royal Free so you could always pick it up from there.

KBear Sun 26-Jun-05 08:44:17

I've got a metal bed rail if you want it. It folds flat to slide under the bed when not in use.

I'm near Bexleyheath. It would be too heavy and awkward to post I think.

franch Sun 26-Jun-05 11:04:11

Xena and KBear, very very kind of you both. Xena, I reckon I could get DH to pick the bed guard up from one of those hosps - will have a word with him when he gets back from swimming with DD - he has sometimes had to go and see patients at both of those hosps - not sure if he still does but the Free is handy for us in any case. Which dept does your DH work in?

franch Sun 26-Jun-05 11:05:59

PS KBear I'm not sure where Bexleyheath is - looks like I should be able to arrange something with Xena but if not I'll get back to you. Obviously if anyone else wants it in the meantime do let them have it. Thanks again

Xena Sun 26-Jun-05 11:51:30

Franch he runs the patient transport and generally is at each hosp once a week so i'll check he could always leave it at his office at the Rfree and your DH could pick it up.

franch Sun 26-Jun-05 11:54:39

Fantastic - thanks again - will ask DH about this when he gets in

franch Sun 26-Jun-05 20:42:44

Xena - DH doesn't work at either hosp any more but could easily pop in to the Royal Free one evening or maybe Thu daytime - when would be good?? Shall I CAT you?

Xena Sun 26-Jun-05 20:57:17

Yep cat me so we can exchange 'real' names. DH says that he may not get to RF this week could you wait till mon week?

franch Sun 26-Jun-05 21:11:47

Yes that's fine. Will CAT you now

franch Mon 27-Jun-05 14:19:51

Xena did you get my CAT?

Xena Tue 28-Jun-05 09:36:46

Yes I did. Sorry I didn't reply yesterday I had my Ofsted Inspection. I've replied now though

franch Fri 05-Aug-05 12:44:13

Back on this subject again. Haven't heard from you Xena - ? I'm thinking now of getting one that we can use when DD2 (due in a month) shares our bed, and then transfer to DD1 when she's ready for a 'big bed'. Thing is, the ones I've seen so far say 'from 18m'. Is there one you can get that you can use from birth? I hardly ever managed to sleep with DD1 in our bed as a newborn because I was so worried about her falling out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now