Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

UPDATE ON MY CLAIM AGAINST WILKINSONS

(6 Posts)
charleepeters Thu 23-Jun-05 14:26:13

As some of you read a thread i posted on Monday after using Wilkinsons own Sun Block factor 50 on myself and ds we both got burnt - me badly, ds not so badly.
Anyway i took your advice and contacted trading standards and they just got back to me!

they saia Wlikinsons was in breach of contract and i would deffantly get ssome form of compensation and they have put it through to there product saftey team who will try and persue it so it get a recall! I have taken photos of my sun burn and am going to my nurse to get a letter to say im not fibbing!

im pleased i wasnt expecting any result!

will keep you updated - just remeber dont buy sublock from wilkinsons!

GeorginaA Thu 23-Jun-05 18:40:57

Well done charleepeters! Have you thought about writing to Watchdog or similar as well? Hate to think of anyone else getting caught out

ebbie22 Thu 23-Jun-05 18:51:39

What happened?

charleepeters Thu 23-Jun-05 20:46:55

I brougth Wilkinsons own Sunblock - factor 50 for kids for my 10 month old ds, anyway after applyingit reguarly and after swimming and following the instructions on the bottle ds got slightly burnt and i got badly burnt i now have blisters all over my shoulders and back and bad sunburn on my legs so i called trading standards and there taking it further hopefully to get it recalled and taken from the shelves!

MistressMary Thu 23-Jun-05 20:56:21

oh great stuff. I shall tell my mate at toddlers group tomorrow, her boy got burnt too on their product.

LIZS Thu 23-Jun-05 20:57:49

Well done for taking it further and hope you get some redress. Hope you feel better soon too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now