Advanced search

Travel sickness wristbands, are they any good?

(9 Posts)
moonunit Wed 22-Jun-05 22:26:32

Ds suffers terrible travel sickness, but there is no way i could get him to take a travel sickness pill. Anyone tried the bands, do they work?

jamiesam Wed 22-Jun-05 22:42:29

Could you crush the pill in fruit juice or something similar? My ds (aged 3.9) has invented pretend tummy aches and pretend medicine - fruit juice or bath water on a plastic medicine spoon . Might it be worth trying this game with a view to an impending journey?

Personally, I never got on with sea-bands for pg nausea, although friend who passed them on swore by them. I find them useful for keeping the kitchen cupboard doors closed

Good luck, I had dreadful travel sickness as a child - always too avomine which completely knocked me out. Believe they're sold as sleeping tablet now...

WigWamBam Wed 22-Jun-05 23:18:44

How old is he? If he's old enough to chew a pastille, you could try Traveleeze; I use them for my dd and they do work.

tiddlypom Wed 22-Jun-05 23:18:44

Hope so - I'm about to buy some. Even the placebo effect will probably be good for my ds (he's 11). Can't tell you for sure yet, though

jennifersofia Thu 23-Jun-05 00:12:40

Hi there, my dd suffers badly (basically we never take her in the car for more than 15 min as a result) and we have tried the following: a) wristbands - didn't seem to help much b) homeopathic travel sickness medicine - good distraction, but again, not terribly effective c) peppermint / ginger - wouldn't have ginger, peppermint not very effective. d) phenergen - an over the counter medication that I believe is used as an antihistamine. I was very loathe to medicate, but it does actually seem to work, with no side effects. She is 4.5 yrs.

moonunit Thu 23-Jun-05 09:01:44

don't seem to be worth the money then, WWb, he would'nt chew a pastel cus he does'nt like sweets and he'd think it was a sweet, i think crushing a tablet in his juice may be the best option. thanks everyone.

starshaker Thu 23-Jun-05 09:12:20

i used to have really bad travel sick then was told of you sit on a newspaper andput some round ur waist it stops the vibrations so much (dont know bout this) but it did work. i also used the bands during pregnancy and they worked for me. good luck

ButtonMoon Thu 23-Jun-05 09:16:49

Work very well for my travel sickness but a load of rubbish for my morning sickness!!! Expensive for what they are and have to on exactly the right spot to be effective, mine kept moving and were uncomfortable to wear sometimes.

tiddlypom Thu 23-Jun-05 11:42:25

Ds is convinced that he should sit on newspaper, starshaker. As long as it's not the Daily Mail, I suppose...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now