Talk

Advanced search

what do I need for my ds in the swimming pool ?(he's 15 months)

(8 Posts)
Frenchy72 Wed 22-Jun-05 10:45:46

I am taking my little man to the seaside next month, with my mum too. I would like to know what kind of floaties, bouyancy, safety accessories you use for your children, what is the safest at this age? (15 months) - although I will stay with him all the time.
I feel that the floaties seat makes the baby sold quickly. thanks for your help!

Nbg Wed 22-Jun-05 10:48:39

We have armbands for dd and one of those floaty seats.

She starts out in the floaty seat and then when she's built up enough confidence she comes out with her bands on.

moondog Wed 22-Jun-05 10:51:26

Just watch those little seats.They can tip forward,depositing the baby's head underwater.We use/d armbands and then when dd was a bit older,a tightly fitting wetsuit style jacket with floats in that you remove one by one.Excellent,didn't restrict arm movement at all.

TracyK Wed 22-Jun-05 10:53:10

argos are doing a good open tent type idea that has spf in it so that you can have protection from the sun/wind. Maybe take reins too if you don't want them to wander off too far. also bottled water and bananas.
or you could get the swimsuits that you fill round the tummy with floats. I always think the armbands are sore getting off - esp. with sand around!

biglips Wed 22-Jun-05 10:55:28

you can buy floaties that looks like a flat boat shape as it doesnt tip (a rectangle shape) but the circle ones are the ones you need to be aware... have a look on ebay as im bidding atm on a floaty (dd is 8 months old so im bidding on a 10 -24 months old as baba is a big girl)

Frenchy72 Wed 22-Jun-05 11:01:34

Moondog and TracyK, where did you buy the jacket and swimsuit with floats ? they sound great! thanks

TracyK Wed 22-Jun-05 11:45:00

I think you can get them from online baby places eg Blooming Marvellous, Mothercare, ELC maybe or PHP catalogues? I don't use floating stuff for ds as I was told off at his class that he shouldn't rely on them and he should learn to use/distinguish his own bouyancy??

SoupDragon Wed 22-Jun-05 11:50:31

He just needs a swim nappy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now