Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you go for cheaper garden furniture or pay out for the top of the range?........ITV1........NOW

(34 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 10:36:24

ITV1

THIS MORNING

IN A FEW MINUTES

here are the details

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 10:39:09

in a mo

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 10:42:55

QueenOfQuotes Wed 22-Jun-05 10:42:57

"pah" -

As with anything in life you get what you pay for.

If you pay for quality hardwood furniture - you get quality hardwood furniture

If you pay for cheaper 'softer' wood furniture (not nessarily 'soft' wood but not proper hardwodd) you get cheaper furniture that doesn't last as long - and probably without the guarantee's too '

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 10:44:19

Very True

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 10:46:41

on now

QueenOfQuotes Wed 22-Jun-05 10:47:15

but then maybe I'm 'biased' LOL can't watch as DS's are watching Cbeebies this morning.........I'll sit and disagree with it all anyhow LMAO

QueenOfQuotes Wed 22-Jun-05 10:54:08

well???? what did they say?????

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 10:58:48

\link
{http://www.conran.com/conranshopping/showMoreInfo.do?productid=10571\I loved this}

DEFFO BRILL

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 10:59:42

here I will try again

piffle Wed 22-Jun-05 11:07:40

one word
IKEA

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 11:09:23

Oh there is no way I would pay £3000 for a seat

QueenOfQuotes Wed 22-Jun-05 11:10:51

but then IKEA is the cheap stuff

That Conran stuff is gorgeous RT (more expensive that us though - although our delivery times are longer as the stuff is handmade and imported from SA)

QueenOfQuotes Wed 22-Jun-05 11:15:25

OMG - just been looking at the rest of their stuff - it's SOOOOO expensive!!! I hope some of it is handmade or I'll 'faint' at those prices!!!

piffle Wed 22-Jun-05 11:20:58

cheap cost but excellent quality ours has been 6 yrs and it is still perfect and robust and as good looking as anything I've seen an any graden shop
If you ask me it's silly person who would pay more for something more "socially acceptable"
Personally I've got far better things to waste money on!

QueenOfQuotes Wed 22-Jun-05 11:24:13

"If you ask me it's silly person who would pay more for something more "socially acceptable" "

I'm not talking about Socially acceptable - my Great Aunty and Uncle (the posh ones in our family with big detached house in Uxbridge, 3 trips a year to Australia etc etc) have IKEA stuff in their house.

I'm talking about the 'general' quality, for example, our stuff is all handmade, using expensive materials, so naturally it's going to be more expensive than IKEA stuff which do use cheaper materials and are factory produced.

HOWEVER, I do think websites like the one that RT linked to ARE overpriced, there you're paying for 'name' and not particular quality material/handmade - and IMO people who buy stuff like that are MAD!

handlemecarefully Wed 22-Jun-05 11:25:40

I pay a lot - but not because I want something more socially acceptable ???? - but for aesthetics.

handlemecarefully Wed 22-Jun-05 11:27:07

For example, I'm having an Amdega summer house put up currently. It's a thing of beauty.

QueenOfQuotes Wed 22-Jun-05 11:28:31

HMC - you're not looking for any nice furniture to go in it are you

****slaps own wrists for being cheeky**********

handlemecarefully Wed 22-Jun-05 11:29:21

Go on - give me a website address.

QueenOfQuotes Wed 22-Jun-05 11:35:20

ooooo I can't - I'll get in trouble - no honestly I will - I think MN HQ will be drawing the line very soon as to how often I can 'link' to our business without having advertised on the Small Ads section.

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 11:38:28

I did love the love seat though

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 11:39:19

OOOOOOOH do u have a comapny that sells this stuff

can we google it?

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Jun-05 11:40:08

Why not advertise in small ads then?

with discount for members

QueenOfQuotes Wed 22-Jun-05 11:43:24

Don't have any seats 'quite' like that Love Seat

We do sell Cane Furniture and Outdoor stuff, along with everything else. Yes you can google us - look for African Furniture - top sponsored link

We are going to advertise in the small ads, but we havne't got £25 to spend on it at the moment - we've only just started trading so are still at the stage of spending more than we're getting in (currently £0 LOL).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now