Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a Quinny Buzz? - does the seat move a lot?

(19 Posts)
suzi2 Tue 21-Jun-05 17:57:39

My Buzz arrived today - it's been a long time since I tested it in the shop! Anyhow, the seat seems to have a lot of movement - i.e. you can shake it an inch or so. Is this right? Do other Buzzs seem this slack?

Sus, x

gigglinggoblin Tue 21-Jun-05 18:31:15

please, please tell me what a quinny buzz is. have got all sorts of images running through my brain!

HappyHuggy Tue 21-Jun-05 18:42:54

I dont know what one of them is!!!

it made me think rude thoughts

suzi2 Tue 21-Jun-05 18:44:10

lol! It's a pushchair!!

Does sound like something else though...

gigglinggoblin Tue 21-Jun-05 18:44:57

how disappointing! lol

HappyHuggy Tue 21-Jun-05 18:45:43

LOL

I cant help you with the seat thingy but if you want any other sort of <ahem> bunny let me know cause im still working for ann summers at the mo

mogwai Wed 22-Jun-05 10:03:38

I have one!!

Yes, the seat is a bit wobbly, even with the cabrio on the frame.

Also, the carrycot is at quite an angle when fixed in. I think it looks odd, dh says it's barely noticable.

VERY cool pram though

suzi2 Wed 22-Jun-05 10:10:19

Thanks mogwai - are you happy with it? I've yet to put a child in mine so am not sure what it's like when out and about and it's still not too late to return it!

Sus, x

bumpylump Wed 22-Jun-05 11:49:51

Hi Suzi
Have been buzzing around for 8 wks in mine now and love it! In this sunshine tho not to great for the usual umbrella type shades you can buy in most places as they dont fit on the frame. Just got one called "Protect a bub" which is fab and just fits over the hood and its made by the Aussies so its about 50spf.

mogwai Wed 22-Jun-05 13:17:39

bumpy lump - did you get it to put on the cabrio? It obviously has the sunshade attached, but that's no good if the sun is behind you.

Where did you get it (I'm excited now)

I am also yet to use mine, but I do lurve pushing it round the house

Mind you, MIL thinks it looks a bit odd.....

mogwai Wed 22-Jun-05 13:20:57

ok I just had a look at their website.

There's the one to fit on the pushchair - but I can't use the pushchair until baby can sit up.

And there's the carseat cover - but the photo is crap, what's that woman doing???? does it cover the whole car seat or what?

Bloody aussies

suzi2 Wed 22-Jun-05 13:28:45

You can use the pushchair before baby can sit up - I queried it with Quinny and it's an error in their instructions. All the websites say it can be used from birth and when mine arrived yesterday, it had a printed amendment to the instructions taking the 6months thing out.

I doubt I'll put baby in it when he's really wee though - don't think it looks comfy enough!

Sus,x

mogwai Wed 22-Jun-05 13:36:03

oh thanks suz

I know what you mean though - the head would be lolling about. Perhaps when there's some head control I'll think again. Must admit, I think it's so cool, I want to use the pushchair!

I tried reclining it and putting a teddy in it, but I had the feeling that blood was rushing to teddy's head and he might even slip out the back if we went down a kerb

I don't think Quinny know they are doing! Perhaps because it's a new product? I imported mine from Europe cos I wanted it in "mist blue". I couldn't find the pump for the tyres so I e-mailed Quinny and they said it doesn't have one. I later found it in the changing bag.

suzi2 Wed 22-Jun-05 13:41:13

Mogwai - are you reclining it too far while in the rear facing position? It will go in the flat position but it's not actually meant to - it's a wee bit beyond flat I think! Chekc out the website

http://www.quinny.com/buzz/uk.html

for piccies of the reclining positions.

Yep - my teddy looks great in it too!

mogwai Wed 22-Jun-05 17:32:19

oh I think I have it in the "beyond flat" position.

So you can use it in the next position up?

Will teddy ever forgive me?

suzi2 Wed 22-Jun-05 18:38:00

Yep I think you can use the next one up. Or for a tiny baby, use it forward facing and it's almost flat.

My Dad has just spotted mine and is now rather embarrassingly driving it up and down the street!

bumpylump Wed 22-Jun-05 19:41:37

sorry 4 delay, 5 hours of colic screaming , oh I hope ur little one dosnt get it hon, got a glass of wine and relaxing again now.
Where were we, oh yes, the sun shade I used the pushchair for the first time today, baby is 8 wks old, looked a bit little in it but fell asleep, next time I will put the head support from the car seat in with him tho. The shade can go over everything that has a hood basically, but I just tried it on the car seat and it works on that too. It cost about £25 but its really worth it, you can pull it as far forward as you like, when it was scorching today I could hardly see the little mite but at least he's kept his lovely baby skin happy.

Wait til you get the real thing in the pushchair. I have lost count of the amount of people that have asked me about the pushchair, even men saying how cool it is! Word of warning though, one bottle of wine and a loaf of bread and the buzz bag is full. When something looks this cool practical goes out the window tho so have bought a rucksack as well for shopping
When's your baby due Suzi?

suzi2 Wed 22-Jun-05 22:27:31

Sorry to hear you're wee one's colicky. I gave my mum a nightmare time with it!

My wee boy is due on the 6th August. Very excited!

When you put your baby in the Buzz did you put him/her in it forward facing or rear? I wasn't sure if the rear facing lowest recline point was low enough for a tiny baby?

Oh - and I'm not worried about the lack of shopping space - it'll just mean that my DH has to do all the shopping

mogwai Thu 23-Jun-05 07:55:23

I bought a kipling bag with adjustable strap to go over the handle. It fits well (and continues the stylish theme!). Because the bag's strap is made of thick cotton, it sticks well to the foam on the handle of the pushchair.

I think the answer is possibly to drink the bottle of wine. That way it won't take up so much space.

Make sure you lock the front wheel though, that's a design feature to keep sloshed mummies on the straight and narrow {wink}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now