Talk

Advanced search

anyone used Simply be?

(12 Posts)
misdee Sun 19-Jun-05 21:40:54

looking for some summer c,othes for myself. they sell my size, but what is the company like? are they realible, and are the bpthes ok quality?

Nemo1977 Sun 19-Jun-05 21:43:13

misdee i use them
have found them to be quite good, no qualms, sometimes clothes sizing can be a little off but just depends on the individual item

misdee Sun 19-Jun-05 21:49:11

are the clothes flattering for larger ladies? dont want to look like a sack of potatoes.

vickiyumyum Sun 19-Jun-05 21:51:36

most of its ok, they do sell some items that probably arent flattering to the larger lady e.g boob tubes in a size 30 (don't mean to cause offence to anyone) and the sizes can vary hugely.

i have ordered clothes from my sisters catalogue and have had to order sizes from an 18-26 (am a size 18-20 in shops such as etam, new look)

vickiyumyum Sun 19-Jun-05 21:51:51

Never smaller unfortunatley!!!!

Hausfrau Sun 19-Jun-05 21:54:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misdee Sun 19-Jun-05 21:55:50

so i'd be better off going into town and going to new look/asda/etam then?

vickiyumyum Sun 19-Jun-05 21:57:08

probably! some of the stuff is def worth the hassle though.
i have got nice coats and jackets from simply be, because the range and variation is better than on the high street.

serenity Sun 19-Jun-05 21:58:15

I used to use them a few years ago, they were a lifeline as it was impossible to get larger clothes anywhere else that weren't truly awful.

I don't use them now as I'm only a 20 (only? ha!) and more high street shops now go up to that size who are often cheaper, plus you can then try them on first. I found their sizes a bit hit and miss, I'd order things and they'd be far too small or far too big although the same size iyswim. Quality's OK though, I've still got stuff and it's lasted well. Underwear is very nice, Dh always appreciated it

They still keep sending me catalogues, and I do get tempted sometimes to order again but they are a pita as i can't pay them via internet banking and get charged loads cos I forget to send cheques

misdee Sun 19-Jun-05 21:58:35

stevenage has some ok shpos for larger ladies, will have to get my mum to take me next week when she is back from hols.

misdee Sun 19-Jun-05 21:59:50

do i have to open an account then?

vickiyumyum Sun 19-Jun-05 22:02:09

no i don't think so i'm sure if you order over the internet you can just pay for them with a crdit/debit card and then they will send them out. but you can open an account quite easily, but it only gives you a v.small credit limit to begin with. (£100)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now