Talk

Advanced search

Start-Rite Shoes - Measuring at Home- Has Anyone Done This?

(5 Posts)
extremelychocolateymilkroll Wed 11-Nov-09 17:25:20

There's a video showing how to measure your child's feet and an online calculator to gauge the size. Has anyone ever used this and been satisfied with the shoes they have then bought online? Tempted to do this rather than go into the shop but a bit worried that the shoes may not fit very well. TIA

MrsJohnDeere Wed 11-Nov-09 19:27:22

Haven't done it, or heard of it, but I'm now going to go and have a look. Thank you.

We've had 3 failed attempts to get ds2's feet measured now (twice at JL, once at Clarks). Each time he gets hysterical, the assistants look panicked or angry and suggest we come back another day, and we make a hasty retreat.

RedLentil Wed 11-Nov-09 19:30:40

I had dd2's feet measured in a shop this week, and the shop assistant mentioned that startrite have changed factory,and so the lasts they are using to make the shoes are new.

He measured her at 3.5 but put her in the 4 which fitted as he said thats how the new factory shoes fit ...

Sorry to confuse the issue.

VulpusinaWilfsuit Wed 11-Nov-09 19:39:18

Yes but with the gauges you can buy from their website. Was brilliant before school started - so much less stressful. And now I have all the gubbins I can do it in advance so in the event they don't fit I can send them back. Utterly fantastic: will never darken Clarks door again in August/September.

Ixia Wed 11-Nov-09 22:24:07

I have a start-rite foot guage and did this last year, I didn't believe the size it gave me ( the guage is in mm, then you input the measurement into the website and it gives you a size) so I ordered the size that I and (Clarks) thought she was. I had to return them for the Startrite size.blush

I do wonder about the sizing though, Clarks are so inconsistent, they measured DD as an E and ended up putting her in a Ghmm. I've found it easier to buy European makes online, Petasil, Richter and Mod8 seem to fit well on a narrow foot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now