Talk

Advanced search

Tesco value nappies...are they any good ??

(14 Posts)
nutcracker Sat 18-Jun-05 18:24:48

The really cheap ones £1.71 or something, are they any good ??

jessicasmummy Sat 18-Jun-05 18:26:03

they were ok but needed changing quite a bit - dont hold all that much wee! No good for overnight!!! HTH

Lonelymum Sat 18-Jun-05 18:32:48

A friend of mine swore by them but I have never had the nerve to buy them because I once bought some cheapo nappies and couldn't use them at all - a complete waste of money.

nutcracker Sat 18-Jun-05 18:35:02

Hmm think i'll stick to their normal ones then. Thanks for the help.

WigWamBam Sat 18-Jun-05 18:40:43

We used them when dd was insisting on a nappy for poos, and they were OK for that, but they felt rougher than the more expensive ones, and I don't know how comfortable they would have been for wearing longer than that. Although at that price it might be worth getting a pack just to try them and see how you find them.

There's still a packet of nappies sitting here with your name on it, btw ...

MamanFlo Sun 19-Jun-05 05:25:28

tried them for DD when she was 3 weeks old and it was a complete disaster : they wouldn't hold poo and wee and we had to change her much more often. She hated them and so did I !

TwoIfBySea Sun 19-Jun-05 22:04:38

No but the ones in the purple coloured packet are quite good. About £6 for a large pack (amount in pack depends on size of nappy used.)

I use them as night time nappies for dst, 3 1/2 before they were fully toilet trained though I used mainly pampers because I signed up on their website and got loads of vouchers sent over a period of two 1/2 years (for usually £2 off per pack.) Worth doing that if you need to save money.

janeybops Sun 19-Jun-05 22:59:53

I use the purple ones which are £3.50ish instead of Pampers £5.65ish.

Been using them for about 4 months now and they are very good imo. DS is 19 months now so not sure on how they are with little ones though

tiffini Sun 19-Jun-05 23:03:09

tesco nappies are as good as the leading brands IMO

tiffini Sun 19-Jun-05 23:03:42

THE ONES IN THE PURPLE PACK THAT IS

missycantstop Sun 19-Jun-05 23:08:28

tesco cheap ones are alot better than the boots cheap ones. Boots cheap nappies are a waste of money. Just thought i would let you know.

mamadadawahwah Sun 19-Jun-05 23:20:48

Dont know about tescos, but i use boots brand cheapies at £1.82 a pack and they are great! they even fit my huge 2 year old. They are better than pampers in my estimation. They dont have cloth like fasteners and look cheap but boy do they hold pee.

stitch Sun 19-Jun-05 23:26:07

bought some tesco pullups as were cheaper than huggies. but i dont like them. too plasticky, and dont hold much pee.

mamadadawahwah Sun 19-Jun-05 23:28:30

Tell you what is good at Tescos though, their kettles. they are only five quid and they are fantastic!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now