Talk

Advanced search

advice needed on little boy's bikes please!

(1 Post)
Flibbertyjibbet Mon 09-Nov-09 22:38:22

Getting our boys their first bikes for xmas. DS2 had a go on a friend's sons bike yesterday, a 14" wheeled ben ten thingy. It was a tad big for him but the smaller sized bikes are all a bit babyish, he's tall for his age and will be 4 in May.

So I found one on the Halfords website (not ben ten just a plain one!) and can pick it up Friday.

Ds1 however I need some advice on if anyone can help.

He also had a sit on this friend's bike and it was just about a good fit for him. In fact he would probably need the seat raising quite soon.

We don't want to take them to a bike shop for trying bike sizes as that will spoil the surprise!

So what I am asking of mothers of older boys is: would you get a bike on the larger size rather than one that looks like he will outgrow it by easter? Is it the done thing to get them bigger? Or should I get the size that looks good now, and suck up the fact that I'll probably have to replace it next Christmas when I think the larger size would do a couple of years.

he is 112cm with VERY long legs for his height.

Any thoughts welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now