Talk

Advanced search

Another car query - Renault Laguna

(7 Posts)
dejags Fri 17-Jun-05 19:34:49

Anybody got any opinions on the new Laguna? We are considering buying the Laguna II Privilege, I love it but a friend who sells cars says that they are poor sellers when it comes to trading them in?

Ideas?

SoupDragon Fri 17-Jun-05 19:38:52

Buy a second hand one - they're bargains. Your friend is right, they don't hold their value for re-sale but that makes buying a second hand one worthwhile.

I've got a 2000 Laguna Dynamique (had it from new) and it's been great. DH drives a 1995 one that we've had from new and it's been absolutely fine too.

lunavix Fri 17-Jun-05 19:40:22

We have an older one, the exhaust has fallen off and the radiator leaks.. but tbh dh doesn't treat it that well and all cars have faults.

dejags Fri 17-Jun-05 19:44:44

ah so the poor resale must be a worldwide phenomenon then .

we have been to various dealerships and here is the scenario:

we can buy a 4 year old top of the range for R150 000.00 or we can buy a brand new one (exactly the same) for R200 000.00.

Can't decide if the extra is worth it for a brand new car, tbh it doesn't seem like a huge amount more.

what say you?

dejags Fri 17-Jun-05 19:45:13

we are in South Africa - hence the ref to ZA Rands.

lunavix Fri 17-Jun-05 19:45:47

I have no idea what currency you are talking in, but if the difference in cost isn't a huge factor, perhaps go for the new one, as the resale value therefore isn't bad, plus you have the warranty!

lunachic Fri 17-Jun-05 19:48:42

ive got one and i love it 1.6 not too bad on fuel plenty of room for kids prams good safety features (award winning) and the sat nav system and mapping is great got it for a bargain second hand( x reg 5000 pounds ) with one owner and full service history

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: