Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a Dyson Animal (cylinder)?

(5 Posts)
mosschops30 Sun 08-Nov-09 14:01:47

Whats it like?

Currys have one on offer (£170 ish) and Im really considering it.
Ive had my upright Dyson for nearly 10 years and although it works fine Id love a new one.

Are the cylinders any different?
Does it really work with pet hair? (because I am sick of the kids being covered in white dog hair on their dark uniforms, despite hoovering daily atm)

jamandjerusalem Sun 08-Nov-09 19:11:54

Ahem, I am doing the Dyson/Mumsnet trial and I have been testing the DC19 T2 - is that the one you mean?

If so I can really recommend it for pet hair. It comes with a brilliant little head like this which is amazing for getting hair off upholstery. DH deals antiques and is v impressed with the way this one cleans his chairs.

Only thing I'd say is that if you're used to an upright it might take a bit of getting used to - I'm used to a Henry with really really long cables and hoses wink and the hose on this is a bit short.

shivster1980 Sun 08-Nov-09 20:52:55

We have one of these (it was exdisplay and very very cheap when my DH worked for a well known DIY chain) unfortunately we don't have the attachments because of the ex display and we have a very low shedding dog! However the suction is fabulous! blush Never had a vacumn like it.

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Sun 08-Nov-09 21:27:23

We have one - it is several years old and still works really well.
We have 2 dogs and 2 house cats and it is fabulous for pet hair.

It has been repaired (can't remember what was wrong I think a hose may have split) - it was still under guarantee, Dyson came to the house. The Dyson Man arrived at 7.30am the day after I had phoned them.

mosschops30 Mon 09-Nov-09 12:03:29

Ooh am even more tempted now, sounds like a good buy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now