Talk

Advanced search

Ford Focus Estate vs Toyota Corolla Verso

(7 Posts)
tattycoram Sun 08-Nov-09 09:44:43

Help! We need a new car as our old hatchback is on its last leg and have decided to go for something bigger. We only have one DC, (though we hope to have another) and need bootspace to fit camping stuff into. So we've sort of narrowed it down to these two very different cars. Does anyone have particularly good or bad experience of them? I'm a bit nervous that the Ford might be too long to park easily in London and that the Toyota might be too wide to pass other cars easily on narrow streets.

Any thoughts? Thanks

cocolepew Sun 08-Nov-09 09:52:48

Toyotas are much better cars [biased]

tattycoram Sun 08-Nov-09 10:06:02

What makes you say that?

annmar Sun 08-Nov-09 10:17:45

I've got a Corollo Verso and DH has a Focus (but not the estate).
I don't find the Verso much wider to drive than the Focus. They both have rubbish turning circles compared to other cars I've driven, so I don't find either of them particularly easy to park, but the Verso has front and back parking sensors.
I moved from an Octavia estate to the Verso and find the boot in the Verso quite small in comparison, but it is quite easy to make it bigger by moving the seats around.
Have you test driven them?

EyeballsintheSky Sun 08-Nov-09 10:19:12

Focus no question. Had mine for eight years and no problems. Lovely to drive, completely reliable and nice and roomy. I loved it. Toyota, bah!

tattycoram Sun 08-Nov-09 10:34:04

I've test driven the toyota and DH the toyota and the ford. We need to go and drive some more don't we. Sigh.

amazonianwoman Mon 09-Nov-09 14:36:40

Our Man At The Garage says Toyotas are more reliable than Fords...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now