Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have bought a Lilydoll but now have to sit on my hands to stop

(23 Posts)
dillydally Fri 17-Jun-05 14:56:59

buying all the blumin outfits..how cute is the french outfit..

awww

Is the fur coat too much do you think?

Enid Fri 17-Jun-05 14:57:42

I, I mean the dds , have the bed and the horse

how cute are they

dillydally Fri 17-Jun-05 15:00:24

But the girls love them right? Or am I buying this secretly for me
They are just so much nicer than the plastic babies like annabelle

Enid Fri 17-Jun-05 15:02:13

they do love them and they can practise doing up laces and zips and things with them (so they are educational....)

we have Fiona and Ursula (now called Lily (dd1) and Dolphin (dd2 - [confused emoticon]

dillydally Fri 17-Jun-05 15:03:57

Ah good...I bought Maddy who no doubt shall get the highly amusing nickname dolly.

Marina Fri 17-Jun-05 15:05:30

dd is about to be Lilydolled for her 2nd birthday. Ursula has been hiding in the wardrobe for the past three months and I keep getting her out to look at her.

Fiona is the one I would have bought if I'd seen her first though Enid

These things are terrifyingly addictive...and so charming.

Marina Fri 17-Jun-05 15:06:05

I am hoping that "Ursula" will stick. Everything else is "bebby" at the moment

dillydally Fri 17-Jun-05 15:17:16

Marina..you are a mod aren't you? There is a midnight mod outfit on the website in first post...limited edition mind you

Marina Fri 17-Jun-05 15:55:21

Snort, it'd have to be a whole lot bigger than that
Very glam though. I wear that kind of thing all the time in my exciting RL...

hana Fri 17-Jun-05 16:07:06

ohhh I love them too! They are like Groovy Girls and my sisters keep buying dd one each time we go home! She has 3 now lucky girl......!!

lunavix Fri 17-Jun-05 16:11:45

On the homepage, what is the difference between the list of dolls on the left and the ones on the right?

dillydally Fri 17-Jun-05 16:18:04

I think groovy dolls are on the left and lily dolls are on the right

MrsBubsDeVere Fri 17-Jun-05 16:20:24

Sleep Oufit is for sale on ebay for 10.99, should be 15.95.

lunavix Fri 17-Jun-05 16:21:38

What's the difference? (sorry I only have a ds so I'm not up to date with these things!)

Fio2 Fri 17-Jun-05 18:06:50

I dont know which one dd has but I love it and the outfits, its the white one that looks like she has dreads

Marina Mon 20-Jun-05 11:23:03

Lilydolls are larger lunavix so the clothes are not interchangeable.

marialuisa Mon 20-Jun-05 11:41:15

DD is a Groovy Girls fan-she doesn't understand why her friends have Barbies when they could have groovy Girls...

Marina Mon 20-Jun-05 11:43:13

Or even <<shudder>> Bratz Marialuisa [ugh] emoticon!

marialuisa Mon 20-Jun-05 12:00:12

They are not allowed here Marina. Not that DD's too bothered, she doesn't think they look "kind and friendly".

DD is the only 4 year old girl I know who doesn't own a single Barbie or Bratz (or the myriad generic versions). I'm quite smug about that

clary Mon 20-Jun-05 12:19:46

I luuuurrve these dolls, resisted at christmas and just got dd (then 3,5) Lillydoll's younger sister a groovy girl (still £9 plus a £9 outfit).
DD not that fussed, keener on Pink Teddy and a freebie soft toy picked up at the fair last weekend....
And ML, my dd (4 today) also doesn't have barbie or bratz hurrah! did buy her full-on disney princess cinderella outfit for today tho....

clary Mon 20-Jun-05 12:22:30

I love anna lillydol best btw and mooned over her pic in an appaling way last december before deciding not to buy as was present for me not dd lol

Marina Mon 20-Jun-05 12:23:58

I do feel these dollies are aimed firmly at the purchasing mothers. Dd doesn't seem to like anything she can't eat or throw hard at her luckless brother at the mo...

marialuisa Mon 20-Jun-05 12:25:08

yes, DD has quite the "princess" complex...Between dressing up outfits, school uniform and bikinis I don't quite know why i bother buying her "normal" clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now