Talk

Advanced search

comfortable easy fastening sling for heavy 12lb baby?

(13 Posts)
tab Fri 17-Jun-05 14:08:07

I had a wilkinet with my first and although very comfortable once on, it was very difficult to put on quickly and I often needed help from another person. Now with second child Im facing the nursery run morning and evening and need a comfortable, quick and easy fastening sling so that I can put new ds in it and carry him into nursery. I need to have hands free to collect ds1, his coat, his bag, bend down etc.

Pamina3 Fri 17-Jun-05 14:09:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bundle Fri 17-Jun-05 14:11:14

bjorn not so good when baby gets heavier, found the wilkinet much better for my back and ok to put on once practised

lunachic Fri 17-Jun-05 14:18:24

ergo baby carrier is pretty good it holds the babys weight against your body fastens with one clip at the back and can be used from newborn-can also be used as a back carrier until child is about 2yrs
costs about 50 pounds bought mine online and its been great looks cool too

lunachic Fri 17-Jun-05 14:25:24

ergo carrier here
theres a new one and the older style (like i have)

fifilala Fri 17-Jun-05 14:48:59

used bjorn for about 11 months - great

beansmum Fri 17-Jun-05 14:51:23

you can get a baby bjorn with extra back support, I had the ordinary one and it was great, really easy to put on without help.

Pruni Fri 17-Jun-05 14:52:57

Message withdrawn

Groggymama Fri 17-Jun-05 15:43:41

I use Bjorn everyday on nursery run to pick up ds1 3yrs, carrying 11lb ds2. Its so comfy. Can't see my feet tho, and worried about getting wet if it rains. I don't know how long its going to be comfortable for but at the moment I love it and wish I had one before with my first.

misdee Fri 17-Jun-05 15:53:12

how about a wrap sling?

hana Fri 17-Jun-05 16:01:28

or a ring sling - I have a sling easy. dd2 is 5 months and its still v v comfy. ( tho she is only 11 lbs!)

misdee Fri 17-Jun-05 16:11:08

dd3 is 12lb and i can carry her easily in a moby sling.

very easy to tie once you have learn how to. i used it practically all of our weekend holiday, as couldnt use the buggy much as was pushing dh in his wheelchair.

bensmum3 Fri 17-Jun-05 22:20:15

I think I've tried every sling available, almost and I'd definately go for the ergo every time, the baby bjorn is great whilst they are small , but at 12 lbs wont last long, I've used an ergo on the front and still reguarly use it to carry ds (2 in a couple of weeks)on my back, about a mile and a half most days. It takes a bit of getting used to , but once you've got the hang of it , it's really comfy. ( I really should be on commission)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now