Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!! ebay question!

(16 Posts)
csa Fri 17-Jun-05 13:04:48

i think i have just bought something off ebay! i thought i was putting in a bid but it seemed to have confirmed my purchase. first time doing this. how does this work? help!

BROWNY Fri 17-Jun-05 13:07:38

You'll get an e-mail from e-bay to say you're the highest bidder and have bought the item.

Then you'll probably get an e-mail (I did) from the person selling the item, telling you how to pay for it and where to send the cheque!

When item is received, the seller will post on site if you're a good buyer or not to give you points. You do the same for them (good feedback or bad feedback).

Hope you're happy with your winning purchase!

NomDePlume Fri 17-Jun-05 13:07:59

it sounds like you've used 'buy it now', rather than a normal auction bid. Some auctions on Ebay offer items at a straight off 'buy it now' price, without any need for bidding. Some people opt for a low start price and then add a buy it now at a higher figure to get people interested in their items. It sounds like you should have read the Ebay tutorial before you started bidding !

csa Fri 17-Jun-05 13:14:02

now she tells me

well, i am hoping that the item i got is what it say it is. maybe you can interpret this for me? it's legoland tickets "Valid until 1st July 2005" - does that mean it is valid for use on 1st of july? wanted to confirm this before i bought as i need it for the 1st of july but unfortunately, the fingers were faster than the brains

lou33 Fri 17-Jun-05 13:15:11

1st july will be the last date you can use them

starlover Fri 17-Jun-05 13:15:15

i would assume that it will include 1st july.

can you post us a link to the item?

cupcakes Fri 17-Jun-05 13:16:15

I would think that does include 1st July but perhaps phone Legoland and ask them?

csa Fri 17-Jun-05 13:26:31

starlover, can't get back to the item i bought, but this is a similar item from the same seller

starlover Fri 17-Jun-05 13:32:51

doesn't look like they're using buy it now.

when you place a bid it does say "click to confirm your bid".. is that what you're thinking of?

you should be able to access your account by clicking on My Ebay on the top of the page.. that'll tell you whether you have bid on something or purchased it!

you should also get an e-mail from ebay telling you!

csa Fri 17-Jun-05 13:36:35

yup, i think i have definitely bought it and so i might as well pay for it. guess if when i receive the item and it turns out not to be valid on the 1st of july, then i become a seller on ebay?

debs26 Fri 17-Jun-05 13:58:11

when you are go into my ebay there is a list of words down the left hand side of the screen. if it appears when you click on won then you have bought it, and if you go in to look at the item there will be a button to click saying pay now, where you can either pay by paypal or get the address to send a cheque to. if you havent bought it yet, you will find it under bidding. selling is just as adictive as buying tho, so shouldnt be a problem if its not what you want

csa Fri 17-Jun-05 14:15:09

thanks all for your advice. i'll try to be more careful next time

starlover Fri 17-Jun-05 14:19:29

you won't be able to sell it on if it's already run out though!

LunarSea Fri 17-Jun-05 17:17:40

I think you'll be ok as the 1st July is a Friday. They're probably stopping it at the end of that weeks weekdays IYSWIM.

Gwenick Fri 17-Jun-05 17:26:55

is this what you bought.

It was a 'buy it now' auction.

csa Fri 17-Jun-05 20:05:49

yup! well found Gwenick.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: