Talk

Advanced search

television cabinets - non 80's

(9 Posts)
stainesmassif Fri 06-Nov-09 20:59:27

as i am sick of preventing ds from dismantling the hard disc recording device i have come to the conclusion that we need a television cabinet.

we have a space approx 3 feet wide, and need to store sky +, dvd player, and wii. and possibly 26" flat screen on top. and hoping to get something that doesn't look like a prize from the price is right or family fortunes. any suggestions???

Onlyaphase Fri 06-Nov-09 21:01:11

Take a look at IKEA - I was browsing through their catalogue today and noticed lots of cabinet-type things for TVs, sort of mix and match set of cupboards on walls so not 80s style

stainesmassif Fri 06-Nov-09 21:01:19

ps, would like something quite high - to minimise ds tv intervention until he is able to re wire a plug.

stainesmassif Fri 06-Nov-09 21:02:47

hmmm, just looked at ikea - couldn't see much on line. i want some doors on the front also.

i ask a lot....

squeaver Fri 06-Nov-09 21:07:27

You need to find a local joiner who'll build something white and sleek into/out of your wall. Sounds like you need something bespoke (ish)

Onlyaphase Fri 06-Nov-09 21:13:09

Ikea suggestions here

stainesmassif Fri 06-Nov-09 21:14:40

squeaver - i think you're right. i also need a wardrobe now i come to think of it.

and now i'm sitting here drawing up a list of carpentry jobs around the house.

squeaver Fri 06-Nov-09 21:15:42

Well that's good. Supporting local enterprise, creating jobs!

stainesmassif Fri 06-Nov-09 21:16:20

only - how clever! and aren't tv storage solutions becoming massive again....some of them are the size of one of the walls in my lounge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now