Talk

Advanced search

Exchanging faulty DVD with no proof of purchase. Any chance?

(5 Posts)
EyeballsintheSky Thu 05-Nov-09 10:48:58

Bought Coraline earlier this week amongst my Tesco food shop. Sat down to watch it yesterday and the main disc won't play. Looks like there is a scratch on the disc.

Problem is I have no receipt, goodness knows what happened to it, have hunted high and low but no sign and for the first time in years I paid in cash. Is there a hope in hell of them changing it for one that works?

(we watched it on the dodgy 3D version in the meantime, fab film but we all had green and red headaches!)

TIA

stuffitllllama Thu 05-Nov-09 10:50:35

Yes they might test it though. I reckon they'll be ok about it.

EyeballsintheSky Thu 05-Nov-09 11:01:21

Oh good I might at least be in with a chance then. Will put on my best smile Thanks.

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 06-Nov-09 11:13:41

If you used your clubcard they can usually track the purchase that way but it takes a little while.

EyeballsintheSky Fri 06-Nov-09 11:20:54

Ooh forgot to update, sorry. Lovely man in Tesco who exchanged no problem. Have now superglued receipt to box...well almost!

And no clubcard either. I had DH's keys by mistake, mine have the fob. I was totally untraceable for once

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now