Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

M&P Pulse vs Maclaren Quest ....

(4 Posts)
Millie1 Thu 16-Jun-05 16:48:05

Seems like I'm on a roll posting on here .... and spending money!!!!

Anyway, Mamas & Papas Pulse vrs Maclaren Quest? Has anyone else compared them or puchased the Pulse (I remember a few threads recently but don't know if anyone actually went out and purchased one), and if so, I'd be really interested in your opinions.

TIA.

ps - I've looked at them side by side and think the Maclaren seems to have better padding BUT the man in the baby shop says that the Pulse is £120 worth of buggy for £90 and therefore a better buggy than the Maclaren. He sells a lot of M&P, not sure how much Maclaren in comparison but guess I just wonder whether there's more profit in M&P than Maclaren. Oh what a cynic I am!!

Hazellnut Thu 16-Jun-05 19:52:13

I have been looking at both of these too - I really liked the Pulse and would have bought it except for the fact I am a 5' midget and the handles were only one height and too high . So didn't buy the Maclaren either cos I was sulking. Am going to look at the Jane Energie too.

vickiyumyum Thu 16-Jun-05 20:01:48

i have had both of these buggies (and anumber of others beside -see my for sale collection!)
i sold the quest almost immediatley after buying it as didn't get on with the soft foam handles or the funny little brakes. i went on to buy the maclaren techno, because it had better handles and better brakes!
a few months later this was stolen out of my car, wasn't going to buy a new buggy, but being the buggyaholic that i am i brought the mamas and papas pulse. i think that it is a great buggy, as good as the maclaren techno, but over £50 cheaper. i would recommend this buggy to anyone over the smaller maclarens, on brakes alone, not to mention the other features that i prefer.
(better leg rest for smaller toddlers, lays back further than quest, better hood for sun coverage, better wheels)

Millie1 Thu 16-Jun-05 21:45:55

Thanks for all the info Vickiyumyum ... decision made & am off shoppping in the morning. Just need to decide on colour .... . Hazellnut - I found the handles quite high too but I think you'd just get used to them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now