Talk

Advanced search

sofa- habitat? multiyork? where to buy?

(9 Posts)
thisisyesterday Tue 03-Nov-09 19:27:07

our old sofa has just about had it. after a measly 5 years <just>
some of the springs went after about 2 years, it's got progressively worse!

so, no more cheap harveys/dfs furniture for me. i need a decent really well built hardwearing sofa.
i like the look of some of the habitat ones, and a couple of friends have said they'd recommend them
but also saw the multiyork site and wondered if anyone had used them and if they are good?

please don't say ikea.i am not ever, never buying anything from them again.

StephHaydock Tue 03-Nov-09 19:32:56

Multiyork are pretty good but pricey. My mum got her sofa from there.

We got a smart sofa for our front room from this lot - good customer service, and they accidentally sent us the wrong cushion covers, they sent out the right ones special delivery and let us keep the wrong ones (worth about £200) because it was their mistake.

We got a cheaper sofa for our back room (sort of playroom/den) from the now defunct Sofa Workshop (went bust last year). There doesn't seem to be an alternative to them, which is a shame - they were great.

Habitat - not a fan. Uncomfortable and over-priced.

Worth looking at John Lewis, Fenwicks and M&S - especially in their sales.

thisisyesterday Tue 03-Nov-09 19:42:50

yeah i looked at m&s but i vaguely recalled seeing something bad about their furniture on watchdog once.

thisisyesterday Tue 03-Nov-09 19:43:46

also i think i'd really like to try it first, so john lewis is a good idea

jalopy Tue 03-Nov-09 20:20:24

Multiyork are fab. Good quality sofas but at a price. Worth every penny though.

thisisyesterday Tue 03-Nov-09 20:23:50

thanks, i think i have just about got my head round spending a fair bit on it, as long as it's going to last me a good long time

now to decide if to go for leather or fabric. was convinced on leather for practical reasons, but not 100% sure

jalopy Tue 03-Nov-09 20:39:10

I'd go for fabric. Much cosier. Not keen on leather. Too cold and slippery for my liking.

thisisyesterday Tue 03-Nov-09 20:43:15

yeah, lots of cleaning though? maybe i need 2 sets of covers?
it seems like however much i try and stop the kids eating stuff on the sofa they still manage to. or spill drinks.
we have a lounge/diner so hard to keep things separate sometimes (ie, when i am knackered and can't be bothered to stop them lol)

jalopy Tue 03-Nov-09 20:47:06

I think Multiyork offer that protective material treatment if you want it. I didn't bother with mine because my kids are older now but it might be worth asking them about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now