Talk

Advanced search

Flat buggy tyres?

(5 Posts)
footiemum Tue 03-Nov-09 00:19:45

My well loved Hauck three wheeler needs a replacement inner tube and front tyre, no luck contacting the company website anyone else found replacement buggy tyres?

Lilybunny Tue 03-Nov-09 20:15:37

Halfords sometimes have some, they put a filler in mine which repaired it and I didn't need a new tyre in the end. Might just be my local one though, but worth a look.

Sleepisnotoptional Tue 03-Nov-09 20:25:43

I found a local bike shop stocked an inner tube at half the price of the company. You will need to take the wheel (complete with tire and inner tube) to the shop and they will see what they can do. Try a target a independant which does a range of bikes (especially posh /one for "proper" cyclist) look feeble and smile nicely. They checked tyre and said not needed to replace and got me the right size inner tube (off shelf). My tyre was riddled with holes and puncture marks by the time the buggy got slung/recycled. Unless is has a large gash and the inner tube very visible suspect you will get away with not replacing tyre and just the inner tube. If not too expensive and you expect to be needing the buggy for a while i would recommend getting a spare.

footiemum Sun 08-Nov-09 22:59:54

Thanks for your replies no luck with my local bike shop, apparently an unusual size? however found a seller ...eventually... on ebay. Hopefully will fit...
So sad my son is too old for his big silvercross pram it never got a puncture...

ShePeeTeePee Tue 10-Nov-09 17:20:58

This worked really well for me:

slime sealant

Worth considering once you've got your new inner tube. Should stop you having any further punctures in future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now