Talk

Advanced search

Scooter or pedaless bike ??

(2 Posts)
Yamimar Mon 02-Nov-09 22:54:30

Hi to all the mums there ,
I am not sure if buying my 3 year old a scooter or a pedaless bike to help him get balance and coordination in preparation to riding a bike. If both help in the same way, I would prefer to buy the scooter and proper bike in the future I suppose. He already has a thomas scooter with two wheels at the back and one at the front. He is not a big child for his age. Is the mini tbar scooter better for balance (two wheels at the front and one at the back)? Or Is a two wheel scooter better? which one? Any advice will be appreciated.
Thank you,

Dysgu Mon 02-Nov-09 23:11:25

We wondered this too.

DD1 had not had a scooter previously - we took her to toyshop to try out iscoot scooter and a pedaless bike.

She loved the scooter but was not confident on the bike.

We bought her the iscoot and she goes everywhere on it. She happily goes up and down hills and was zooming around on it within days of having it. She is not the most co-ordinated of children and she is small for her age (Prem baby).

We felt that the scooter would have a longer life - and will consider a bike (with or without pedals) next year.

How your DS will find an iscoot I don't know - if he has had a 'normal steer' type of scooter before he may find the 'lean-to-steer'a bit different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now