Talk

Advanced search

baby boys snow suit that isnt pastel blue!

(19 Posts)
lydiathetattooedlady Mon 02-Nov-09 16:33:23

im after snowsuit for ds (4months) but the only ones i can find are in white or pastel blue. does anyone do them in funky designs?? thought id seen a red striped one somewhere?? TIA x

FlyMeToDunoon Mon 02-Nov-09 16:48:33

Marks and Spencer?

lynniep Mon 02-Nov-09 16:50:53

I got a gorgeous one in TK Max the other week which is navy blue with big red stars. V. Funky. I actually already have one that I bought for DS and never used, but its a beige one from Woolies and the temptation to buy the funky one was too much! Was about 13 quid.

FlyMeToDunoon Mon 02-Nov-09 16:53:31

red
furry
Gap usually have nice ones too.

oopsandbabycoconut Mon 02-Nov-09 17:02:44

Tesco have a brown furry bear on in ATM. Also try John Lewis we got DD a fab brown spotty one last years as I was sick of pale pink!

lydiathetattooedlady Mon 02-Nov-09 17:04:06

ooh i love the red one from next. lynniep also love the sound of the navy with stars, may have to venture to tkmax!

thisisyesterday Mon 02-Nov-09 17:05:22

ahh i was going to suggest tk maxx o, i alsmost got one for ds3 even though he doesn't need one
lovely ones with stars on and all sorts

sazm Mon 02-Nov-09 19:14:22

we got a brown teddy bear one from tesco last yr,they have a similar one this yr too,was only about £8

sammysamsam Tue 03-Nov-09 13:02:20

i have a bright red one from blooming marvellous with turn-over mitts and feet, lovely soft and very snug..3-6m (am selling if interested?)

sana321@yahoo.com

BikeRunSki Tue 03-Nov-09 13:07:36

Boden
John Lewis
Bush Baby (from NCT or Little Trekkers websites)

I got sick of pale blue after a few months too. I am on a constant fight/search for baoy's clothes that are not pale blue and do not have cars on.

perfectstorm Thu 05-Nov-09 22:00:34

It depends on your budget, but Toby Tiger has nice ones (not the stars anymore, though); downside is it's eye-wateringly expensive. The Hedgepig is great too.

I don't really see why it is that you need to break the bank to get nice things for boys, while gorgeous girls' clothes are everywhere. Boys clothes tend to be sludge coloured, in rough fabrics, with insulting slogans. Infuriating.

Boden, John Lewis and White Company are all exceptions, but again, hardly cheap.

perfectstorm Thu 05-Nov-09 22:03:21

Ebay often have good things very cheaply, too - I think a lot of TKMaxx regulars list their finds there with a small mark-up. Can be worth a look.

BertieBotts Thu 05-Nov-09 22:06:37

Few cute ones at Mothercare this year

Just thought I would quickly say also - do you know that you should never dress a baby in a snowsuit/padded coat etc in a carseat? The material can compress in an accident and mean that the straps are then too loose. For this reason I found I never actually used a snowsuit, I just used blankets, jumpers and hats in the first year.

If you were aware of this sorry

AuroraB Fri 06-Nov-09 13:42:32

i second ebay, got ds a lovely red down filled one for a few quid, looks unused. it's machine washable too. made by ralph lauren but not overly logo'd

SherryMerryLennipillar Fri 06-Nov-09 14:37:27

I had this one from Tobyu Tiger last year and it was admired by everyone - really snuggly and lovely colours. This year I treated DS to this one from Boden and it is also gorgeous, although I still miss the Toby Tiger one.

accessorizequeen Sat 07-Nov-09 19:49:05

I use the polartec fleece all in ones from JoJoMamanBebe, got them for 0-3, 3-6 and now for the dt's that they're 1. Loads of lovely bright colours, ds (dt1) has a rainbow stripe one just like this and looks so cute. All on ebay, just search for JoJo and polartec. They're so warm and easy to put on, have turn over mitts & feet.

pigleychez Sat 07-Nov-09 20:46:55

H and M usually do some coloured/patterned ones. Might be worth a look.

Pingpong Sat 07-Nov-09 20:58:04

I love the jojo maman bebe ones and there are always good deals on ebay like accessorizequeen says. They are so easy to put on and cosy but not as bulky as some snowsuits. I've got a girl but the boy ones are great too.

lydiathetattooedlady Sun 08-Nov-09 19:01:39

wow, thanks for all your suggestions! love the toby tiger and hedgepig ones but def out of my budget! luckily i mentioned my needs to a friend who has given me a lovely sheepskin looking one which will do for now!
i was interested in one for when ds is in his sling so wont be used everyday, keeping eyes out on ebay for a bargain x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now