Talk

Advanced search

Twin change bag - 2nd hand?

(16 Posts)
spongebrainbigpants Sun 01-Nov-09 19:21:22

I have two DCs - 16 mth old and 2 wk old - and have realised v quickly that my original change bag is far too small! Have looked at TAMBA for change bags but they are very expensive - but not having any luck finding one on ebay 2nd hand.

Anyone know where I can get them 2nd hand - or can recommend a cheap one?

Dh has suggested just using a rucksack, but I find the convenience of a change bag with pockets for everything all laid out very handy, even more so with two demanding children!

TIA smile.

oooggs Sun 01-Nov-09 19:32:49

I have an oioi bag which I use for my twins and now ds3 is here I carry, nappies etc for ds3, nappies etc for dt2 and spare clothes for dt1 who is 90% potty trained as well as mobile, wallet, keys etc for me.

(ds3 is 9mths and dts are 2.6)

it is like a Mary Poppins bag and I am sure there are better. They would be easier to pick up 2nd hand on ebay

pureeandpearls Sun 01-Nov-09 19:33:10

Have you tried posting a wanted ad on MN clasifieds. They are all great sellers and often cheaper than eBay.

[I have bought Skip Hop Duo for when babypearls arrives. I know exactly what you mean about having a bag.]

spongebrainbigpants Sun 01-Nov-09 19:39:51

oooggs, is it specifically for twins or just singletons but very spacious? I thought I would be able to pick up something on ebay but there don't seem to be any twin ones. I have a singleton change bag but everything keeps falling out cos it's so full!

pp, you are so organised! I've only just started thinking about these things and M is two weeks old!! blush

spongebrainbigpants Sun 01-Nov-09 19:40:17

oh, will try MN classifieds - thanks for the tip smile

littleducks Sun 01-Nov-09 19:44:00

did you always carry lots of stuff with first dc?

just that as your baby is so young you may find in a few weeks you dont need anywhere near as much 'stuff' so might not be worth spending too much

oooggs Sun 01-Nov-09 19:48:26

It is a singleton change bag but I bought it to use with the twins as it is huge

this is it but I didn't pay that much new and they do come up 2nd hand in different colours

spongebrainbigpants Sun 01-Nov-09 19:58:24

Littleducks, true, it's difficult to tell at the moment which is why I don't want to buy something new.

oooggs, will look again at ebay.

I think the problem is that my current change bag is not esp big so I often struggled to get everything in anyway! Made worse by all the added stuff needed for No 2!

pureeandpearls Mon 02-Nov-09 07:47:03

Spnge- not specifically for twins but larger than your average Skip Hop Duo Double BF has one for her twmns though and thoroughly recommends. I have seen them on eBay too, though £60ish not too bad....

Plus I think you have a nipper and this is designed for a side-by-side pushchair.

pureeandpearls Mon 02-Nov-09 19:09:23

one here

and here!

spongebrainbigpants Mon 02-Nov-09 20:53:43

puree, you are a star! grin

Will be putting a bid on one of those tonight - wish me luck!

accessorizequeen Mon 02-Nov-09 21:51:59

I'm selling one spongebrain, think my ad on MN might have dropped to the bottom though. Would much rather sell on here than go through ebay It's red & black, has the changing mat & in very good condition. Does fit beautifully on a double wide buggy (I have an MB double).
Let me know if you're interested & I can email photos. I was originally looking for £45 posted but I don't think they're going for that on ebay anymore so make me an offer?

spongebrainbigpants Tue 03-Nov-09 09:23:00

Thanks accessorize, that would be fab. I have a bid on one on ebay at the moment - would you be able to hang fire for 36 hours and if I don't win it will definitely buy yours!

Obviously if you get another offer before then I will just have to bow out gracefully smile.

accessorizequeen Tue 03-Nov-09 17:46:01

No probs

spongebrainbigpants Tue 03-Nov-09 19:03:35

The ebay auction has been ended hmm - not sure why, no explanation!

So more than happy to make an offer. Can you email me a pic on c j dando @ hotmail . com

Thanks smile

accessorizequeen Tue 03-Nov-09 20:31:24

have mailed you, cheers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: