Talk

Advanced search

Twin change bag - 2nd hand?

(16 Posts)
spongebrainbigpants Sun 01-Nov-09 19:21:22

I have two DCs - 16 mth old and 2 wk old - and have realised v quickly that my original change bag is far too small! Have looked at TAMBA for change bags but they are very expensive - but not having any luck finding one on ebay 2nd hand.

Anyone know where I can get them 2nd hand - or can recommend a cheap one?

Dh has suggested just using a rucksack, but I find the convenience of a change bag with pockets for everything all laid out very handy, even more so with two demanding children!

TIA smile.

oooggs Sun 01-Nov-09 19:32:49

I have an oioi bag which I use for my twins and now ds3 is here I carry, nappies etc for ds3, nappies etc for dt2 and spare clothes for dt1 who is 90% potty trained as well as mobile, wallet, keys etc for me.

(ds3 is 9mths and dts are 2.6)

it is like a Mary Poppins bag and I am sure there are better. They would be easier to pick up 2nd hand on ebay

pureeandpearls Sun 01-Nov-09 19:33:10

Have you tried posting a wanted ad on MN clasifieds. They are all great sellers and often cheaper than eBay.

[I have bought Skip Hop Duo for when babypearls arrives. I know exactly what you mean about having a bag.]

spongebrainbigpants Sun 01-Nov-09 19:39:51

oooggs, is it specifically for twins or just singletons but very spacious? I thought I would be able to pick up something on ebay but there don't seem to be any twin ones. I have a singleton change bag but everything keeps falling out cos it's so full!

pp, you are so organised! I've only just started thinking about these things and M is two weeks old!! blush

spongebrainbigpants Sun 01-Nov-09 19:40:17

oh, will try MN classifieds - thanks for the tip smile

littleducks Sun 01-Nov-09 19:44:00

did you always carry lots of stuff with first dc?

just that as your baby is so young you may find in a few weeks you dont need anywhere near as much 'stuff' so might not be worth spending too much

oooggs Sun 01-Nov-09 19:48:26

It is a singleton change bag but I bought it to use with the twins as it is huge

this is it but I didn't pay that much new and they do come up 2nd hand in different colours

spongebrainbigpants Sun 01-Nov-09 19:58:24

Littleducks, true, it's difficult to tell at the moment which is why I don't want to buy something new.

oooggs, will look again at ebay.

I think the problem is that my current change bag is not esp big so I often struggled to get everything in anyway! Made worse by all the added stuff needed for No 2!

pureeandpearls Mon 02-Nov-09 07:47:03

Spnge- not specifically for twins but larger than your average Skip Hop Duo Double BF has one for her twmns though and thoroughly recommends. I have seen them on eBay too, though £60ish not too bad....

Plus I think you have a nipper and this is designed for a side-by-side pushchair.

pureeandpearls Mon 02-Nov-09 19:09:23

one here

and here!

spongebrainbigpants Mon 02-Nov-09 20:53:43

puree, you are a star! grin

Will be putting a bid on one of those tonight - wish me luck!

accessorizequeen Mon 02-Nov-09 21:51:59

I'm selling one spongebrain, think my ad on MN might have dropped to the bottom though. Would much rather sell on here than go through ebay It's red & black, has the changing mat & in very good condition. Does fit beautifully on a double wide buggy (I have an MB double).
Let me know if you're interested & I can email photos. I was originally looking for £45 posted but I don't think they're going for that on ebay anymore so make me an offer?

spongebrainbigpants Tue 03-Nov-09 09:23:00

Thanks accessorize, that would be fab. I have a bid on one on ebay at the moment - would you be able to hang fire for 36 hours and if I don't win it will definitely buy yours!

Obviously if you get another offer before then I will just have to bow out gracefully smile.

accessorizequeen Tue 03-Nov-09 17:46:01

No probs

spongebrainbigpants Tue 03-Nov-09 19:03:35

The ebay auction has been ended hmm - not sure why, no explanation!

So more than happy to make an offer. Can you email me a pic on c j dando @ hotmail . com

Thanks smile

accessorizequeen Tue 03-Nov-09 20:31:24

have mailed you, cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now