Talk

Advanced search

ipod touch

(11 Posts)
keepplodding Sat 31-Oct-09 18:46:51

ummmm, so dd happened to drop it into a conversation that she would like one for xmas! Sounds expensive to me........do you know how much they are and where the best place is to buy one?!

bubbles4 Sun 01-Nov-09 10:26:22

I bought one for ds last christmas ans it is only out of his hand when it is on charge,take a look at the argos website,they will have the latest prices.

GypsyMoth Sun 01-Nov-09 10:30:19

about £150....but great value!! me and dd both have one,and spend hours on them...how old is she tho,as all websites can be viewed and no 'net nanny' type control over them

DaftApeth Sun 01-Nov-09 10:35:20

D you have to pay a monthly subscription to go online with it? [stupid question emoticon]

I've heard the batteries don't last long per charge. Has that been a problem for you?

How do they compare to psp?

Sorry for all questionsgrin

bubbles4 Sun 01-Nov-09 10:39:17

I coonect through my home hub,battery doesnt last that long but doesnt take that long to charge(plug into computer with usb cable),I cant compare to a psp as I havent used one but I thought they were two different products,psp a game player whilst with the ipod touch you can listen to music,browse the web and download applications from itunes many of which are free.

DaftApeth Sun 01-Nov-09 11:05:16

I think you can do all that with psp too, except download apple stuff, I guess.

You can also watch films on psp (this is all from what I have read, not through using a psp) using umd discs.

Games and films for psp quite expensive though.

Ds, 8yrs, is keen to get a psp but I'm leaning more towards the ipod touch. So trying to work out which would be best.

I would not expect him to use it to acces www yet (but I might want to wink).

Wilts Sun 01-Nov-09 11:09:30

Ds1 has a psp and will probably be getting an ipod touch for Christmas. I think if your Ds wants a psp then he wouldn't be too impressed with receiving an ipod touch.

GypsyMoth Sun 01-Nov-09 11:14:39

no,two very different products.

our ipod charge lasts for about 2 hours. and you just connect to wi-fi. need an itune account for buying apps and music etc..

keepplodding Sun 01-Nov-09 11:17:37

Thanks sounds good,DD is 12.... will have a look at argos now!

GypsyMoth Sun 01-Nov-09 11:39:43

don't forget some docking speakers too!

DaftApeth Sun 01-Nov-09 12:31:25

I know what you mean when you say that ipod touch and psp are very different.

He has his own nintendo ds and family playstation2 and wii, so lots of opportunity to play those sorts of games.

I just wonder whether the ipod touch being quite different might actually be a good thing - and the games are sooo much cheaper.

It seems silly to spend such a lot on so many expensive games all for different things!

Are they the same game that you download for an iphone?

I think I need to have a good look at each of them - can feel a trip to the apple store coming onsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now