Talk

Advanced search

Any Oz mn's or Oz-familliar mn's - shopping help needed

(7 Posts)
Jbck Wed 15-Jun-05 16:13:29

My sil & bil are emigrating from Uk to Oz at the end of the month. To avoid too much baggage I'd like to get them e-vouchers for a nice store over there that they can use once house sorted and stuff. I looked at the Myers company site but you can only get gift cards not e-ones. Does anyone know of a nice store who does e-vouchers type thing. I don't really have time to get card shipped here.
Any help/suggestions appreciated.

lunavix Wed 15-Jun-05 16:16:33

Depends how much you want to spend, and where are they going?

For example, myers is the only big department store in western australia, but in the other (major!) states they have others.

If cheaper but still nice stuff is okay, target? kmart?

Jbck Wed 15-Jun-05 16:49:38

Thanks Lunavix they're moving to Sydney. The stores you mention all seem to be part of the Myers group & they're all just gift-cards unfortunately. I had a bad experiance with Target in the US too when sending a gift card there so would like to avoid them.
Looking for something akin to John Lewis/Debenhams type thing, nice but not too expensive.

SueW Wed 15-Jun-05 16:59:05

David Jones is what I'd call the John Lewis equivalent but I can only see gift cards, not e-gift-cards on their website.

sorrel Wed 15-Jun-05 17:12:33

Grace Bros is a reasonable dept store although david Jones is a bit classier i think.

eidsvold Thu 16-Jun-05 06:50:51

Myer - as suggested is a good one. The other big one - is David(Fletcher) Jones.

Freedom is another good one
here

Dare is another one....

here

hope that helps.

You could wait until you know where they are and perhaps you can then organise the card to be sent there.

Jbck Thu 16-Jun-05 19:27:07

Thanks everyone. I've gone with the Freedom one it looks very nice eidsvold, they should be able to get something there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now