Talk

Advanced search

Sky freesat and sky + box? Charging me monthly?

(3 Posts)
npg1 Thu 29-Oct-09 20:23:46

Hi.

HAd sky freesat installed on sunday, paid a one off fee. The guy installed a sky + box as we were given one and gave us the standard sky box to keep too. He didnt explain there would be any extra costs. Today I had a letter from sky saying there was a £9.75 fee to pay for the sky + subscription. It then says further down the letter no further payments and 0.00 will come out of my account each month.

I just phoned sky but had to hang up as he kept me hanging on too long. He said he didnt know they could do this and I asked why the letter said no more money was to come out each month and he said it was probably a mistake and they would take money out.

Sky is also connected to our phone line which the installer said to keep connected for a couple of days, could this effect it?

CAn anyone help me further please? Thanks

mejon Thu 29-Oct-09 23:14:33

No idea I'm afraid as we've only got the basic Freesat with no Sky+. I found the Digitalspy technical forums (digitalspy.co.uk) quite helpful when I was researching Freesat so it may be worth posting your query there? Hope you get it sorted.

Seona1973 Fri 30-Oct-09 14:26:06

I have found small print on the sky website that says this;

Sky+ functionality requires a Sky+ subscription (free for Sky TV customers, or £9.75 pm) and two satellite feeds.

It looks like that you would need to pay the £9.75 monthly in order to use the sky+ box as it has more features than the standard box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now