Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Considering a Gamecube with Animal Crossing game? Your reviews!

(10 Posts)
FrenchGirl Wed 15-Jun-05 09:40:22

Very confused about what to get dd for her 6th birthday.... We are considering a Gamecube, and have seen a game called Animal Crossing which seemed good for a little girl.
What do you thing of Gamecubes? Do you know this game? Do we have a chance of getting some 'nice and gentle' games for dd? Don't want her to get addicted and spend loads of time playing it but thought it might be fun and she might develop new skills.
What's your experience?

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 09:42:37

gamecube is the most 'friendly' of all the consoles but also is about to be discontinued.

Personally Iwould get her a PC game - lots of kid friendly games for the PC and also much cheaper than gamecube games.

FrenchGirl Wed 15-Jun-05 09:50:00

thanks Enid, she has a couple of PC games, but some of them don't actually work well on our PC. Also dh and I use the PC a lot so it would be nice if she could play on another medium!
What about other game station thingies? Don't want to spend a fortune but want to make sure there are appropriate games for her.

Enid Wed 15-Jun-05 09:50:49

a gameboy?

cheap portable and sweet little games on it

starlover Wed 15-Jun-05 09:50:55

i would go into a shop and look at the games selection they do. the only problem with some of the kiddy games is that they seem to tire of them quite quickly... so you may find yourself buying lots of them!

FrenchGirl Wed 15-Jun-05 09:51:11

really? what kind of games?

starlover Wed 15-Jun-05 09:51:12

ooooh you can get a pink gameboy SP!!!!

FrenchGirl Wed 15-Jun-05 09:51:53

yes we saw the pink one and she was quite taken with it!!

starlover Wed 15-Jun-05 09:53:09

yeah i want one too!!!

FrenchGirl Wed 15-Jun-05 10:20:22

any gameboy games recommendation?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now