Talk

Advanced search

A wind up swimming fish for the bath?

(11 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Sun 25-Oct-09 22:12:46

Does anyone have a wind up bath toy that actually swims properly? DS2 loves them, but the ones we've got just seem to tread water. If it's possible for a wind up toy to do that!

And on a similair note, can you still get the mummy whale that you pull the baby whale out of her mouth, and that makes her swim as it reels back in?

I think I'm going mad - I never thought bath toys would be this important!!grin

BertieBotts Sun 25-Oct-09 22:32:13

Oh I saw that whale the other day, but can't think where, sorry! Unhelpful

We have got a great bath toy which swims and sings, I haven't got the packaging any more, will see if I can find out what it was called.

OK found it, it hasn't got very good reviews though, we have not replaced the batteries yet (it doesn't need the batteries to swim, only to sing) - TBH the singing isn't that important - it's only impressive out of the bath, it hums when one way up and then when you turn it over it gargles without starting the song again which is really clever. You can't really hear it singing when it's in the bath though. Also it swims backwards when on its front and forwards on its back, which should probably be the other way around. But it does swim very well.

www.amazon.co.uk/Tomy-Swim-Sing-Turtle-Bath/dp/B000YW5RNE

BertieBotts Sun 25-Oct-09 22:34:23

Oh just found this which sounds similar to the whale thing:

www.elc.co.uk/toy/captain-bathtime-boat/

And I saw this in Hawkin's Bazaar which looked good, have no idea if it works or not though:

www.hawkin.com/find/category-is-Toys/category-is-Bathroom/product-is-05153

BethAndHerBrood Sun 25-Oct-09 22:42:44

I like the tug boat very much! I think that's a winner.

If the turtle is a good swimmer, that's good too. Do you wind it to swim, if it doesn't need batteries?

BertieBotts Mon 26-Oct-09 08:31:07

Yes it has a little knob on its back. It's quite hard to wind but easier if you just rotate the arms backwards and let them go. It's quite big though - would be ok with one child in a bath but with 2 children/one adult it would probably get stuck.

BertieBotts Mon 26-Oct-09 08:32:18

ELC has reviews on their site so you could check those to see if it works or not (the boat)

BethAndHerBrood Mon 26-Oct-09 11:57:35

The reviews for the boat are quite damning! Not a good one after all.

But thanks for the help, will keep looking.

BikeRunSki Mon 26-Oct-09 12:03:27

Inyeresting, I too am constanly dissapointed by bath toys that neither float swim.

Have a "swimmimg" windup turtle from Wilco's which was a complete waste of money.

Our "Wow" tugboat doesn't float nor does our shpar sorter whale, although with the whales you press a button on it's tail and it squirts water out of it's mouth which is fun.

sammysamsam Mon 26-Oct-09 17:52:23

i have a fish from elc (bought in boots) winds up and swims wonders.. its nearly 3yrs old now and good as new..will see if i can find a link..

sammysamsam Mon 26-Oct-09 18:00:31

can't find one on net..maybe its been discontinued..

Phoenix Mon 26-Oct-09 18:12:22

We got a duck and a frog from Asda last week. There was one more with them but i'm not sure if it was a fish or not hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now