Talk

Advanced search

Mobile phone on orange or vodaphone, whats the cheapest deal ?

(7 Posts)
bensmum3 Tue 14-Jun-05 15:56:46

Hi , my orange pay as you go has finally given up after 6 years of good service, so I'm now looking for a mobile on orange or vodaphone, which seem to be the networks that work locally, does anyone know the best deals at the moment , either contract or pay as you go ? thankyou.

Titania Tue 14-Jun-05 15:58:23

a lot of networks offer a like for like contract, so if you find something you like on one network they match it. how much are you spending on top up a month? roughly?

Titania Tue 14-Jun-05 15:59:27

orange are doing a premier 600 i think at the moment for £40 a month for the first 6 months which is really good. depends on if you talk or text more though

bensmum3 Tue 14-Jun-05 19:45:57

Thankyou Titania, I was thinking more of £5.00 a month or a phone for about £20 ??

vickiyumyum Tue 14-Jun-05 19:54:49

i don't think that there are any contracts out there for £5 a month i think the cheapest that i saw on any tarriff when i got my phine about 3 months ago. was a special half price offer on t-mobile for £13 a month. i went with orange for £25 a month though as most of my friends and family have orange!

Miaou Tue 14-Jun-05 21:55:12

bensmum, why don't you start a thread asking if anyone has an old contract phone kicking around that you could have for p&p? That's how I got my two last phones (from my mum and dad when they got new phones on contract). Sometimes phones are "locked" (so that you can't put a new simcard in them), but you can get them unlocked for about £10-£15, dh will sort that out for you if necessary. But once you have a new phone, you just need to put your simcard in and it keeps the same phone number, phonebook etc and you will still be on Orange. HTH.

ReshT Fri 30-Sep-11 21:58:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now