Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas for presents that keep your kids active? especially if its raining outside!

(13 Posts)
Tottytightdraws Sat 24-Oct-09 11:16:49

There most be something apart from the WII that will keep the kids active inside the house, any ideas?hmm

purepurple Sat 24-Oct-09 11:48:03

When I was a kid we use to have indoor olympics that involved jumping over all the furniture. Then we would have a finale of sliding down the stairs in sleeping bags over and over again. grin

Tottytightdraws Sat 24-Oct-09 12:15:00

Cool - like it!

I was thinking of Christmas presents though!!

nappyaddict Sun 25-Oct-09 16:05:01

I saw something in Toys R Us called Zippity.

Anifrangapani Sun 25-Oct-09 16:07:41

Vaccuum cleaner

crystsalbelle Sun 25-Oct-09 16:15:23

What about Carpet skates? they'd keep your kids active, my kids have got them, they always come out once or twice a week and they do have great fun on them! It normally involves moving all my furniture around though so they can make the best route around the house!

bubble2bubble Mon 26-Oct-09 19:42:18

Trampoline - small one, folding if necessary

weddingcake Tue 27-Oct-09 21:34:00

Loving the look of those carpet skates - would they work on wooden floors or just carpet?

crystsalbelle Thu 05-Nov-09 14:42:36

not sure, we've got carpets! they work on grass too! although I've banned them for being used outside now, can you imagine the mess they'd make on my carpets once they'd been outside!

Tottytightdraws Thu 05-Nov-09 17:50:39

now those carpet skates do look good!, that would keep them busy and use up all that energy, could be the christmas present I'm looking for! wonder whether my eldest who's 11 would like them as well as the younger ones!

displayuntilbestbefore Thu 05-Nov-09 17:56:49

we've just been given a magnetic dartboard - obviously better for older dcs but it has had an amazing effect on older dcs in this horrid weather! DH and I been using it when dcs in bed too!

Tottytightdraws Thu 05-Nov-09 18:02:33

where do you get them from?

displayuntilbestbefore Thu 05-Nov-09 19:13:07

Tottytightdraws - are you asking where do you get the magnetic dartboard from, or the carpet skates?
I can't help with skates but I found the dartboards here although I'm not sure where our friend got ours from, this looks similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now