Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clarks gave me two pairs of trainers by mistake! Scruples in question

(82 Posts)
SecondhandRose Tue 14-Jun-05 08:08:31

Instead of Clarks giving me back DD's very uncomfortable sandals back in a box they gave me a 2nd pair of the same trainers just in one width size smaller. Both widths fitted but the G looked most comfy.

What would you do?

hoxtonchick Tue 14-Jun-05 08:09:31

keep 'em!

TracyK Tue 14-Jun-05 08:10:26

hmmm - keep them! if they can't be more on the ball then tough. It would be a pia for you to have to trawl back to town to give them back - tooooo much hassle! give a tenner to charity to soothe your concience.

flamesparrow Tue 14-Jun-05 08:13:14

Keep em.

hana Tue 14-Jun-05 08:22:25

(i would give them back) or donate them to a charity shop

DelGirl Tue 14-Jun-05 08:36:41

how did you pay for them? If it was by card, they could trace you if they could be bothered.

Furball Tue 14-Jun-05 08:41:33

You're really lucky, when Clarks last sold me a pair of trainers for DS, we ended up with an odd pair!

I'd keep em, they probably won't notice they've gone till stock check or whatever, then they would have no idea what happened to them.

hotmama1 Tue 14-Jun-05 08:46:47

Does your dd know about the 'mistake'? Cos if she does I would take them back otherwise are you giving the message that you can be dishonest as long as no-one finds out? Don't think this is a message I would want to be giving to dd - you know it will come back to haunt you. (Sorry to be such a stickler)

Tommy Tue 14-Jun-05 09:08:26

sort of agree with hotmama but then I do seem to give most of my money to Clarks at the moment so I think clawing a little of that back is probably a good thing

Evesmama Tue 14-Jun-05 09:09:10

kkep them

morningpaper Tue 14-Jun-05 09:09:32

Basically you are stealing them. If you are happy with that, them keep them.

TrophyWife Tue 14-Jun-05 09:14:27

keep them. they have 90 days to either charge you for them or ask for them back if nither happen then you are llegely ok to keep them.

alibubbles Tue 14-Jun-05 13:44:40

Message withdrawn

misdee Tue 14-Jun-05 13:47:37

but they stole your dd sandles

this happened to us a few years ago, but didnt relaise till a few days later. so we sold them on ebay.

sandyballs Tue 14-Jun-05 13:49:56

Clarks charge an outrageous amount of money and give very poor service IME so I'd keep them

Nbg Tue 14-Jun-05 13:52:28

As an ex Clarks Manager I have to say my bit.

The majority of staff try really hard to prevent things like that from happening and in certain circumstances some staff are wrongly accused of stealing because something has gone missing.

It is a very easy mistake to make especially when it's busy, I know I have done it myself.

So what I' trying to say is take them back.
The store will be very appreciative as will the member of staff who sold them

I'm sure Starlover will back me up on this one

starlover Tue 14-Jun-05 13:53:54

oh NBG... you know me so well!!!

Thomcat Tue 14-Jun-05 13:54:39

oh keep 'em/

monsoon once wrapped and packed all my bits and totally forgot to actually charge me. I felt bad for ...oh about 2 inutes. Phoned my mum and my best friend and they said keep em, say nothing, so I did!

Thomcat Tue 14-Jun-05 13:55:22

I've worked in retail and if i did that and the person returned them I'd think they were mad!

ninah Tue 14-Jun-05 13:56:43

Take 'em back!
sorry ..

crunchie Tue 14-Jun-05 13:57:29

What about going in and demanding the sandals back Tell them they forgot to give you them back Don't swap them for the sandals

Actuallly I would probably keep them, while feeling really bad.

hunkermunker Tue 14-Jun-05 13:57:46

Hope someone else doesn't get your DD's old sandals as their brand new shoes!

Nbg Tue 14-Jun-05 13:58:32

Please take them back. Honestly they will be so grateful.

WigWamBam Tue 14-Jun-05 13:58:59

I'd take them back, too. I'd be the first to complain if a shop charged me twice for one pair of shoes, and to me it has to work both ways. Plus, if the shop has to account for all of the shoes they stock, someone may end up being wrongly accused of stealing the shoes.

Thomcat Tue 14-Jun-05 14:00:00

keep them! It doesn't come out of their pocket and clarks can afford to loose a pair of shoes. Keeeep theeeemmmm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now