Talk

Advanced search

What should I buy my DH for Christmas to listen to music on at home?

(6 Posts)
FlamingoBingo Mon 19-Oct-09 22:03:04

I know sod all about this so I'm hoping someone can help!

He listens to music on his laptop at the moment, connected to speakers. Last year, he asked his supposedly tech-savvy and music-savvy parents for a really good mp3 player. They bought him a really shit one for £19.99 that holds hardly any tunes and is just really shit.

So what should I get him? He doesn't need a docking station as he has fab speakers, but I am happy to work and save as much as I need to get him something really good. Doesn't need video on it - just good sound, and lots of space for all the tunes he wants. Can anyone recommend anything?

His speakers are made by creative if that makes any difference!

Daisypod Tue 20-Oct-09 10:01:35

I have had a couple and I must say I have always found Ipods the best. I just have a 4gb Nano and that holds plenty of music for me but it depends on how much he would want to put on it as to what size one you get.

shivster1980 Wed 21-Oct-09 14:43:29

My DH bought a Denon CD player with digital radio last year. He loves his music and has 1000+ CDs. We went to Richer Sounds and they were really helpful. If it's an MP3 you are after DH had a Creative Zen which he loved.

FlamingoBingo Wed 21-Oct-09 20:11:27

Thank you both.

amazonianwoman Fri 23-Oct-09 09:40:36

Definitely an Ipod, they're the bees knees, get one with the biggest memory you can afford. We've got the Ipod Classic 80gb (got it free with a new mobile phone contract grin) - more memory than we'll ever need.

WebDude Thu 29-Oct-09 16:59:30

Depends on your budget - if he plays off the internet already there are various IR (Internet Radios) some include support for Real Audio, some don't.

Prices 100 to 500 pounds, depending on what you look at!

If he's playing it only at home, then there are various systems (some include multiple rooms, or playing off your existing computers or networked storage) such as Sonos and a CD-ripper come music player called Brennan which someone mentioned the other day: see brennan.co.uk/home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now