Talk

Advanced search

how do you find a good cleaner or mothers help?

(5 Posts)
TracyK Mon 13-Jun-05 10:57:36

I'm in Bedford - how do I go about finding a really good cleaner and/or mothers help?
I've had cleaners in the past and they clean like I do - hoovering 'round' things, wiping 'round' things etc.
Are cleaning companies better to use - I find it difficult once I've got them to get rid of them if they are crap - usually have to wait till I'm moving house!

Sponge Mon 13-Jun-05 11:21:54

IME experience cleaners from agencies are just as crap as ones not from agencies but they cost more. The best way is to get a recommendation from a friend. Failing that advertise locally and interview thoroughly.

Trixie1 Mon 13-Jun-05 11:51:46

Hi, Ive had a few. The best way is to physically walk them round the house with what and how you expect the cleaning to be done on the first day. Its just that everybody has a different standard of cleaning.

stitch Mon 13-Jun-05 11:57:04

the one time i had to get rid of the cleaner, i told her we couldnt afford her anymore! she was crap at cleaning. but didnt have the guts to say so.

Jasmeet1234 Mon 11-Apr-16 14:07:36

HI, we recently moved to one of the villages near bedford. I just wondered if anyone can reccommend a good cleaner in the area - struggling to ask friends for recommendations as recently moved

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now