loader

Talk

Advanced search

leapfrog scribble and write

(5 Posts)
sazm Sun 18-Oct-09 23:57:43

hi,
just wondered if anyone had this?

my ds (5yo) is having a few problems with writing his letters,he writes them back to front and also sometimes from right to left instead of left to right,
(he's left handed)
i liked the look of this and wondered if it would help

thanks x

LauraIngallsWilder Mon 19-Oct-09 00:01:14

It might

But then he is only 5

I would give him time and a bit of help and practice if he would like to (pencil and paper)

No rush

sazm Mon 19-Oct-09 13:07:47

its him who is getting annoyed with it,
i know he will get it in time,

he seen it in an xmas catalogue,and liked the look of it,was going to buy it but read a review online and it wasnt great,so just wondered if anyone had seen one in RL?
none of the shops around here have them in,

sogood4you Mon 19-Oct-09 13:23:40

my little boy joshua who is 4 had the same problems as he is left handed, i found it very worthwhile writing down the letters for him in caps and lower case to then copy over in a different coloured pen so he could get used to drawing the shapes of the letters himself. it may help?

sazm Mon 19-Oct-09 14:07:35

sorry hope my last post didnt seem cheeky,just wanted to say that im not a 'pushy parent'lol,its my ds who wants to practise!
he has been doing that at school so good and home,but when the letters are not there he writes everything back to front,he can write his name perfectly but back to front!

i just wondered if this would be a more fun way of doing it?
all the leapfrog stuff we have had has been great,so i imagine this would be the same?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now