Talk

Advanced search

Would you - did you - buy shoes with heels for an 8yo?

(14 Posts)
Clary Sat 17-Oct-09 19:44:37

Am I missing something?

Went out the other night to a do with lots of my DCs' fellow pupils there. Some were very dressed up, fair enough I guess, but one of DDs' contemporaries (8yo) was wearing a pair of high heels. I mean shoes (Mary Jane type) with 2 inch thin heels.

Is this how it goes now? Would you buy these? Am I being fuddy duddy (yet again! grin)

ramonaquimby Sat 17-Oct-09 19:47:17

gaawd no

i have an 8 year old daughter and i def wouldn't consider. in fact just bought her silver ballet shoes, she was thrilled. bought same pair for 4 year old dd too.

FABIsInTraining Sat 17-Oct-09 19:47:24

No I wouldn't.

Kid at school had heeled boots at 6.

Crazy.

Pyrocanthus Sat 17-Oct-09 19:54:53

Nope, my DD once briefly expressed an interest in having boots with heels because her friend had a pair, and I pointed out that she wouldn't be able to run properly in them. End of debate.

madlentileater Sat 17-Oct-09 19:55:50

NO!!!!
never
madness
children of 8 need to be ableto be physically active, not hampered by their shoes
that goes for adults, too, imo, but I know that's a minority view grin

Clary Sat 17-Oct-09 19:56:47

yy I have no problem with party shoes etc. DD had some sandals over the summer for this purpose (tho in fact they annoyed her so much being opene toes she only wore them rarely!).

Lots of the girls were wearing little sparkly ballet flats. I was just a bit shock at high heels at this age. She was properly tottering about!

They looekd a bit like this

I guess you can buy a girl of that age grown-up shoes if she wears a size 2. <depressed sigh>

Lapsedrunner Sat 17-Oct-09 19:58:19

I don't have one (have ds) but I would never think about it...I'm shockedshock!

Pyrocanthus Sat 17-Oct-09 20:00:36

I don't know if I'm more shocked at the heels or the price, Clary.

Clary Sat 17-Oct-09 20:07:49

oh no not those actual shoes - that's just to show you the height and style tbh smile

PandaG Sat 17-Oct-09 20:09:25

sparkly or (fake)suede ballet flats here, for 7yo DD, for church and parties. She may trip about in my heels when playing but not a chance she will have any herself for quite a while.

Pyrocanthus Sat 17-Oct-09 20:11:36

Oh, silly me, they're for adults. blush

Hate them.

PixiNanny Sat 17-Oct-09 20:12:02

I've seen it before at the primary I volunteered at. I thought that it was part of the dressing up costume she was wearing for a school play (you know how kids like to dress up) but the TA assured me that she wore heels most days!

SparkyToo Wed 21-Oct-09 22:40:03

No way!!

HerBewitcheditude Wed 21-Oct-09 22:42:13

Absolutely not.

Why would I want to damage my DD's feet? And restrict her movements?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now