Talk

Advanced search

Tell me what to buy in terms of gogo crazy bones for DD 7 years old

(16 Posts)
mysteryfairy Sat 17-Oct-09 15:46:27

DD says that everyone at school has got the above and she is left out from their games (swapping them I think). I'm not entirely clear what they are and from looking on Amazon there seem to be a confusing range of products - different series etc.

I appreciate that they are probably a massive waste of money but am fully prepared to throw some away to make sure DD fits in on this and has the same as everyone else. I generally get things wrong for her in terms of coats, shoes, clothes, not watching x factor etc and she is desperate to fit in.

Carrotfly Sat 17-Oct-09 15:52:28

I sold all ours on ebay grin you could try there for an instant collection.

They are a phase and it will pass.

You can but them in a pack of 3 from a newsagent or similar for £1. Its all a bit hit and miss as to what you will get though.

Are they all collecting them or swapping them ?

mysteryfairy Sat 17-Oct-09 16:03:14

I think they are doing both. Not sure if ebay is the way to go at the moment due to postal strikes. I thought I could buy a load of amazon but am completely confused by the series 1,2,3,4 explorer, evolution etc. I'm now not even sure if the plastic bits or the cards are what is important...

Carrotfly Sat 17-Oct-09 16:09:19

Hmm. It was about a year ago when I sold ours, and thats a good point about the post.

DS had the plastic figures, think they were a mixture of series 1 and 2. He also had a sticker book that you could swap the stickers if you had duplicates.

Why dont you ask a friends mother where she gets hers from.

Sorry, my information is a bit out of date now I guess.

CJCregg Sat 17-Oct-09 16:12:57

Hi, my DCs are obsessed with GoGos and I use them as rewards - it's worked brilliantly!

Mine like series 2 best - they have sparkly ones - and series 4 which are quite funky. But with series 4 you only get 2 in a pack, because they come with swapping cards. You can get sticker books for series 1-3.

God, I sound like a nerd.

mysteryfairy Sat 17-Oct-09 16:14:04

I am a WOHM who because I am out at least 12 hour working days inc the commute is never in touch with these playground things, hence haven't been able to ask a school mum.

I guess I will have to question DD more closely - was hoping to surprise her but might just aggrieve her if I get the wrong thing!

thirdname Sat 17-Oct-09 16:19:27

DS gets his from WHSmith, £1 for a pack of three, no idea about series. He just gets them and then swaps them?

Not long ago it was Matchattack, then it was some other cards. Wonder how long this will last...

CJCregg Sat 17-Oct-09 16:22:37

Yes, WH Smith or Tesco. Get her a pack of each to start with, see which ones she likes best!

mysteryfairy Sat 17-Oct-09 16:23:15

I have two DSs now teenagers. Have been through match attack, pokemon etc with them and in fact have hundreds of remnants of these collections. I always thought it was a boy thing so quite shocked that DD is now feeling left out. DD isn't as assertive in asking for stuff and I work a lot more hours than I did when they were DDs age and DD was a baby so around less to know these things.

overmydeadbody Sat 17-Oct-09 16:28:17

Gosh DS just buys them from Borders or Tesco or WHSmith with his pocket money, I don;t think it really amtters what series you get etc., DS and his friends just seem to like the little funny plastic things and sometimes swap them, but not in any orderly way or anything.

princessmel Sat 17-Oct-09 16:32:10

dh has just got back from a bike ride to the corner shop, with the dc's, and has come back with more gogos. Most corner shops round here sell them. They are only selling series 4 at the moment here.

ds has quite a few ,bought for him from grandad or me etc. but some he paid for himself with toothfairy money.

But a couple of his friends have a ridiculous ammounts of them , whole quality street tins of them. ott imo!

Seona1973 Sat 17-Oct-09 18:59:14

we have a mix of series 2, 3 and 4 but they are a bit like gold dust here at the moment. Dh ended up buying a box of them from here. We sometimes find them in WH Smith - they have mainly had series 4 when they are in stock. DH also bought the sticker albums for series 2 and 3 and I found the series 4 starter set which gives you the folder to collect the cards.

Seona1973 Sat 17-Oct-09 19:01:53

p.s. series 4 is the newest series and has not been out for long (hence it is hard to get hold of them here)

Seona1973 Sat 17-Oct-09 19:04:09

p.s.s. Argos are also selling them. And another one here

Clary Sat 17-Oct-09 19:08:17

Asked my DS1 (he's 10) and he says it's the plastic figures you need.

They are 99p for 3 and available at newsagents and toy shops all over.

You also need a netty washing tablets bag thingy to keep your collection in.

You swap them and arraneg them and play some arcane game with them (but I think my DC make that up as they go along grin)

mysteryfairy Sat 17-Oct-09 19:26:18

Thanks all. I went to the Sainsburys thinking I might pick some up there but no sign of any. Called into a couple of local shops I thought might stock them. Both were sold out of series 4 and in one I was able to buy two packets of series 3. I will see how these go down.

Have also reserved the 10 pack from Argos - thanks Seona - as DD has a swimming lesson next to a branch on Monday night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now