Talk

Advanced search

Scooters ...

(9 Posts)
redskyatnight Thu 15-Oct-09 12:31:15

DS (5.5) is asking Father Christmas for a scooter. His current scooter is a basic 3 wheeler "Bob the Builder" one which is way too small for him, so we are happy to go along with this idea!! We thought we'd get him a 2 wheeler.

I've had a nose round the bike/scooter park at school today and there is a frightening range of types and prices. Anyone got any specific recommendation. Ideally we'd like something sturdy that will last him a few years.

DD (who turns 4 just after Christmas) also is keen on the idea of a scooter for Christmas. She doesn't have a scooter of her own but is proficient on DS's. As she'd inherit his old one by default, I don't want to get something the same as what we already have. I wonder if it is asking too much to get a 2 wheeler for her? Is there an "inbetween" sort of level scooter she could have? A lot of scooters I've looked at seem to be recommended for 5+.

Thanks for any tips!

squeaver Thu 15-Oct-09 12:32:55

micro scooters Mini for your dd, maxi for your ds.

Pinkjenny Thu 15-Oct-09 12:34:39

We're getting dd a mini as a present off her new baby brother. She discovered one in John Lewis, and it took me, oh, about three weeks to get her off it and out of there!

She's 2.5yo and managed it perfectly well.

My two have these
Ozbozz Nebulus Scooter, cheap and cheerful. Come in silver/blue and silver/pink. They have been used almost constantly for nearly 1 year and are still in excellent condition.
They fold up and are very handy for throwing in the boot.
The handle bar can be set to 3 (or is it 2?) different heights. DD had just turned 5 when she got it, but at that point she was probably only as tall as average 4yr old, she had it on the lowest setting. She was quite wobbly for a while and went very very slowly, but loved it.
We always store them indoors out of the rain.

shopalot Thu 15-Oct-09 12:56:51

Agree with squeaver. My ds has a Nebulus scooter but on our roads it is like driving a pneumatic drill. My dd has a micro scooter and ds borrows it and it rides like a dream. Am looking to get him a maxi for Chritmas-he is nearly 8 but they are so expensive. But I know he would use it all the time as they do tricks and stuff on them they are that well made.

sugardumpling Thu 15-Oct-09 13:00:39

my DD has a mini micro scooter too they are fab, we got hers in John Lewis.

sugardumpling Thu 15-Oct-09 13:01:33

meant to add she has just turned 3

shopalot Thu 15-Oct-09 13:06:48

I meant my dd has a mini micro

sazm Thu 15-Oct-09 23:13:32

we also have the nebulus ones,
argos do them on offer too
£9.99 for one or 2 for £15, you could give the extra as an xmas pressie!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now