Talk

Advanced search

anyone have either of these all in ones for their LO? anyone help with my dilema?

(21 Posts)
mad4myboys Thu 15-Oct-09 08:51:42

so i have an 11 month ds2 who obv cant walk yet and when i do the preschool run 3 times a week i need an all in one to keep him warm but not a typical snowsuit. He gets very hot and will not sit in his car seat on with any sort of coat as they bulk up (ds1 exactly the same) they are both very hot bodied.

So i bascially want a thin all in one, warm enough to keep him warm but thin enough he will sit comfortably in car and not get over hot as we are in car longer than we are not. I dont put him in buggy as by time ive sorted buggy out, strapped him in etc i couldve got in and back plus you cant take buggys inside, id have to leave him outside or take him out of pram again. So....anyone got either of these from jojomamnbebe?

thinking more versatile

rain suit really

i wondered how thick they are? I dont want to spend these sort of prices so will be looking on ebay etc as he is my last ds.

mad4myboys Thu 15-Oct-09 10:19:08

bump

MrsAlwaysRight Thu 15-Oct-09 18:21:30

DD had the polar fleece all in one last year. They aren't really thick but kept her warm without over heating. She seemed very comfortable in it. I would recommend it. HTH smile

mad4myboys Thu 15-Oct-09 18:55:19

thanks. so hard to find onde that ticks the boxes without spending a fortune!

maxybrown Fri 16-Oct-09 12:56:44

The jojo polar fleece all in ones are fabulous, well worth the money, esp if you can get a discount code. My DS walked from 10 months and so last year went mad in a snowsuit as he couldn't move properly. He lived in this and I have bought next size up this year!! They sell very well on ebay.

accessorizequeen Fri 16-Oct-09 14:31:39

They're fab, I have 1yo twins and have bought one for dd, buying another for ds this week. I had them for 0-3 & 3-6 (from ebay) and they were the best things I bought really.
If the ebay prices are too much (they are ridiculous), when ds2 was the same age I bought one of those fleecy sleepsuit things from primark (or tesco etc) a size too big and used that. Doesn't have hood or foldover mitts but for £8 or thereabouts it was great. I did think the double zips on the jojo ones were much easier to pull on and off tho.

BettyTurnip Fri 16-Oct-09 14:34:36

The Primark fleece sleepsuits with a zip are only £3. Bargain.

mad4myboys Fri 16-Oct-09 19:58:05

with the jojo ones, what are sizes like? ds2 is 11 months and bang on average...so was planning on getting 12-18 months?

accessorizequeen Fri 16-Oct-09 20:03:01

My ds is 1 and probably on the small side, his sister's 6-12 was fine on him so 12-18 would be better for your little man.
Must dash to primark and buy some £3 ones as backup. Must be tesco's that were £8.

maxybrown Fri 16-Oct-09 20:03:40

They are generous usually JoJo but I think recently they have gotten smaller. My DS was 1 last september and in Dec I bought him 18/24. He is def below average size! But a month or so ago I sold an older pale blue one on ere size 12/18 and it still fitted my DS now at 2!! What does he weigh?

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 16-Oct-09 20:33:28

We always get Columbia all in one fleece suits like this and they're great.

They're about £25 new I think but we've had some great 2nd hand ones from e-bay for a fraction of that price

maxybrown Fri 16-Oct-09 20:41:32

Oh yes they are good too smile

mad4myboys Fri 16-Oct-09 21:05:18

he weighs i think 21lb so just over 9kg. I love these other all in ones you guys are showing but a waterproof one that is fleece lined is ideal because its bit of a walk into pre school and i cant carry umbrella, him, hold ds1 hand, plus his book bag and lunch box grin

ALso be good for when he is walking..

maxybrown Fri 16-Oct-09 21:10:26

I'd def get the 18/24 then. My DS is slim and about 23lbs ish at 2.1 blush skinny imp. You can also get these here if you want waterproof one.

mad4myboys Fri 16-Oct-09 21:15:44

get 18-24 months for 11 month old?? REally?

maxybrown Fri 16-Oct-09 21:20:27

Oh gosh......I don't know now!! He is only a little bit lighter than my 2 year old but he is obviously very skinny!! If you are going for a waterproof one, maybe not then, stick to 12/18 - I was thinking the fleece ones are easy to turn up if needbe etc etc but that wouldn't be.

Bush baby do hot tots and they do age 1-2, very very roomy!!

mad4myboys Mon 19-Oct-09 06:30:37

the one im watching is almost £30!!!! i can buy new from jojo for £34!! i need to get ds1 one aswell and if i buy new i be spending £60 odd!!!!!!!!!!! does anywhere do cheap ones?? fleece linedd waterproof i mean???? think i just get ds1 a non fleecw one!!!

maxybrown Mon 19-Oct-09 11:27:04

I told you! Ebay prices are mad..........still at least you know you can sell them on!! lol. there is usually a code floating around for JoJo.....but on ebay there are some regatta ones that are part fleece lined........one moment.....oh and the togs waterproof ones are £24.99 on ebay, new.....be back in a min....

maxybrown Mon 19-Oct-09 11:32:14

ok here is a 12/18 regatta one.

togz one

not sure these will be too much cheaper hmm

mad4myboys Mon 19-Oct-09 11:36:31

thanks. have ordered a new jojo one, there is a 10% discount on here! Will be getting ds1 cheap one though prob.

maxybrown Mon 19-Oct-09 11:38:25

oh good. they are lovely! Loads of just waterproof on their own ones on ebay, you'll get one of those cheap enough!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now