Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've been scrubbing for ages!!!

(16 Posts)
mememum Sat 11-Jun-05 16:28:35

Does anyone know of a really good product to get rid of watermarks on a glass shower cubicle? Just hadn't realised how bad it was getting so I decided to blitz it today but I'm really scrubbing away at it and its just not coming off! I've been using cif oxy gel but think it needs something stronger!

marne Sat 11-Jun-05 16:36:26

Vinagar is suposed to be good.

jampots Sat 11-Jun-05 16:40:13

we have something which is luminous pink and very very good. cant remember what its called but will look it out and let you know. Where do you live?

HellKat Sat 11-Jun-05 16:42:13

According to Kim and Aggie on "How Clean Is Your House" lemon juice is meant to shift everything. They reguarly use it on showers.

jampots Sat 11-Jun-05 16:43:57

oooh just remembered - JML do something called magic eraser which blitzed through my cooker hood (which wasnt good) well actually the spontex version did but its all the same. £3.49 from Woollies!

michellemcmanus Sat 11-Jun-05 16:43:58

limelite is fab

anchovies Sat 11-Jun-05 17:24:03

Dettox mould and mildew gets rid of everything really well with no scrubbing, but be careul cos it's bleach based.

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 11-Jun-05 17:24:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mememum Sun 12-Jun-05 10:54:21

Right I tried the vinegar and lemon juice. Kim and Aggie must use alot of elbow grease because it didn't want to shift! Jam pots I live in Norfolk which is a hard water area so that doesn't help! Checkout lady at Sainsburys must have thought I had some sort of cleaning fetish because I have bought all the above products apart from the JML thing as they didn't have it. Right this shower is going to sparkle! Reason for getting it so clean - the dreaded MIL coming to stay and I'm not going to provide any ammunition for her!!!! Thank you to everyone.

jampots Sun 12-Jun-05 10:57:31

mememum - if you pop along to a good quality bathroom showroom and ask if they can sell you some glass cleaner they should be able to. My sister supplied us with ours and its brill.

jampots Sun 12-Jun-05 11:00:59

type in your postcode to get local retailers

jampots Sun 12-Jun-05 11:04:09

same here - click on showrooms and enter postcode

mememum Sun 12-Jun-05 17:48:53

Thank you Jampots! Have to say its looking better but not perfection as MIL insists all areas should be. Why am I doing this for her? I must be going mad.

Carameli Sun 12-Jun-05 19:49:47

try Cillit Bang, strange name I know, but it worked wodners on our glass door.

Branster Sun 12-Jun-05 20:07:55

cillit bang! then glass cleaner.

Furball Sun 12-Jun-05 20:20:29

another vote for lime-lite, brilliant stuff on limescale.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now