Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

do you have high gloss worktops in your kitchen?

(9 Posts)
pleaserewind Sat 11-Jun-05 11:44:24

if so, how do you clean them? got mine the other day and so far i just seem to be making them very streaky.
also, is it o.k to use things like mr muscle etc on them?
thanx.

Twiglett Sat 11-Jun-05 12:14:19

no I don't

but e cloth seems to be the way to go I believe

jampots Sat 11-Jun-05 12:59:43

not yet but hoping to change it this year for a high gloss one.

pleaserewind Sat 11-Jun-05 20:54:35

they do look fab jampots, i'm really chuffed with mine although i think they might easily scratch so i am going to buy some worktop savers from lakeland tomorrow.

spykid Mon 13-Jun-05 14:11:27

I have!!
Love how they look when |I can be bothered to buff them up, but how often do you want to do that?!!!
Wouldn't have them again purely because of the streaking

lemonice Mon 13-Jun-05 14:13:54

They do have a reputation for scratching really easily, so as well as the obvious take care putting handbags and pots and general junk on them (I'm sure you are more houseproud than that!)

handlemecarefully Mon 13-Jun-05 14:15:36

After wiping them clean you have to dry / buff them off with kitchen roll or something similar rather than letting them dry naturally. If you do the latter they are inevitably streaky.

marthamoo Mon 13-Jun-05 14:15:50

Clean them with an ordinary, non-abrasive kitchen spray and damp cloth then buff them up with a dry tea towel or similar. It's a faff but they do look nice when they're done (for about five minutes!)

And yes, they scratch like b*ggery - we've only had ours a couple of months and when the light catches the worktop at the right angle you can see loads of tiny scratches. Just don't scrutinise your worktops with your head at a funny angle and you'll be OK.

handlemecarefully Mon 13-Jun-05 14:16:13

I'm with spykid - wouldn't have them again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now