Talk

Advanced search

Chanel No 5 - where do you buy yours from ?

(19 Posts)
Gaston Mon 12-Oct-09 14:26:29

I haven't bought Chanel No 5 for more than 6 years now, but I really feel like wearing it again but can not find it anywhere. Any one know where I can find some ?
Cheers.

mummydarlingsausage Mon 12-Oct-09 16:24:43

boots.com

pinkx4 Mon 12-Oct-09 16:29:15

I could not live without this! You can get it anywhere - Boots, house of Fraser, Debenhams. Try the new 'light' version - HEAVENLY!

Gaston Wed 14-Oct-09 11:19:09

Thanks. I couldn't find it on Boots (maybe just me ?) ta will try others.
Gaston.

pinkx4 Wed 14-Oct-09 11:22:12

Meant to say: don't buy off eBay. I got a fake. I usually treat myself and go shopping for it rather than buy online - I get out so rarely by myself that buying Chanel every 6 months has become a REALLY luxurious product and personal time thing. A real treat.

Gaston Wed 14-Oct-09 11:24:00

Yes Debenhams have it. Lush !

Gaston Wed 14-Oct-09 11:25:30

Thanks, yes I didn't dare but from a company I didn't know or ebay. Am excited about wearing it again, makes me feel so yummy.

Sourdough Wed 14-Oct-09 11:28:11

I feel awful because my lovely uncle often buys it for me in Gibraltar and brings it back to the UK, but I don't wear it! I gave MIL a bottle - she was chuffed to bits.

Gaston Wed 14-Oct-09 11:29:52

OMG. You must love your MIL ! I wouldn't give my MIL "Charlie" ! LOL

pinkx4 Wed 14-Oct-09 11:32:52

Ooh, lucky you! I wear Chanel 19 during the day, Chance when I need a bit of confidence and no.5 sometimes at night. The dh reckons he can always tell if he's going to get lucky if I'm wearing no.5: not true! (Handy bit of info for me though...)

Gaston Wed 14-Oct-09 11:43:40

I think No 5 does have that power though ! Or maybe it's the other way around, we wear it when we feel sexy ?

Sourdough Wed 14-Oct-09 11:59:51

I used to wear 19 and then I wore Chance throughout my 2nd PG. Couldn't go near it afterwards! Gave that to MIL too. She has done rather well out of me in recent years.

pinkx4 Wed 14-Oct-09 12:31:39

Pg is so weird on scent. I was like that with Allure. Still am. Worse now as I'm pg again.

mummydarlingsausage Wed 14-Oct-09 13:58:51

on boots just go to premium beauty, chanel, then fragrance

CristinaTheAstonishing Wed 14-Oct-09 14:03:03

My Dh just doesn't get what it's about He has much simpler tastes. I've discovered One Scent recently.

pinkx4 Wed 14-Oct-09 15:45:57

I was trying to explain that to the dh the other night. He offered to buy me a hair cut/colour etc. (you know, the ones that cost about £120 from Saks - can't afford that for the life of me now that we've got dd4 on the way) but I said that as nice as a hair cut is, there is someting about being able to put a little perfume on and it instantly lifts the mood. It's that tiny little bit of absolute indulgence and luxury every single day. He just didn't get it. I think he was still thinking about the previous conversation we had when he admitted he thinks no.5 is his 'get lucky tonight' signal. I'm afraid, Gaston, that I wear it entirely to put me in a good mood, not because I'm feeling sexy. If he gets lucky, it's just that - luck. (Unless of course, I'm trying to get pregnant. When I'm after dc5, I shall remember that bit of info about his 'get lucky tonight' belief!)

By the way, what brand is One Scent? I'm getting taken Christams shopping tonight (I know it's early but I'm due in Jan) so if it's in Boots, I'll get a squirt...

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 15-Oct-09 15:51:43

It's Issey Miyake and I've just recently started using it. I like it.

MusterMix Thu 15-Oct-09 15:52:07

a shop.

CristinaTheAstonishing Fri 16-Oct-09 22:04:35

MusterMix is right - I haven't yet seen anywhere online that does a good enough discount after taking postage into account, so you might as well get it from a shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now