Talk

Advanced search

Night-time support pillow during pregnancy - recomendations please!

(9 Posts)
bambipie Mon 12-Oct-09 08:37:05

Dream genii?

I've got really annoying lower back pain and want to get a pillow thing - but which is best. I am quite short and small (big tummy though!) if that makes a difference!

TIA

corblimeymadam Mon 12-Oct-09 08:44:08

Message withdrawn

bambipie Mon 12-Oct-09 08:46:29

Thank you, I seemed to be okay with pillows last time but this time everything is so much more uncomfortable!

SparkyToo Tue 13-Oct-09 22:58:16

Do you mean those long bendy pillow things? If so, I have no idea and can't help on that one as I didn't ever use one when pregnant. But though not pregnant right now I do have one of these back support pillows which has proved incredibly useful, very comfy and I still use it quite a lot.

scaryteacher Wed 14-Oct-09 09:01:54

I used a V pillow (curved one) which went under my bump and between my knees.

seeyounexttues Wed 14-Oct-09 09:17:49

My friend had one of these from Blooming marvellous. It was eventually used for about 5 pregnancies between friends.

Having the cushion both sides means you don't have re reorganise yourself if you want to turn over. DP may have to give you a bit more space though!

nicm Wed 14-Oct-09 10:29:26

i had the dream genii and loved it! i had lower back pain and found using it back to front iykwim was great, my back was totally supported. get one!

Pinkjenny Wed 14-Oct-09 10:31:46

I have a wedge-shaped pillow here which was kindly donated to me by the glorious largeginandtonic.

I would like to marry it.

Grumpla Sat 24-Oct-09 22:06:12

I was given a dream geni, it was great early on but about month 5 I felt like I needed more support so bought two big chunky down cushions off ebay (think they were ikea originally) and used them to balance my knees on as they were a bit sturdier. Then annexed a normal pillow from husband's side of bed to 'hug'. Then I got a wedge pillow for under the bump as well as the geni. By the end, husband had one pathetic pillow and about three inches of mattress left. I had 7 pillows and the rest of the bed. It was great. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now