Talk

Advanced search

Those magnetic drawing things

(8 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Sun 11-Oct-09 16:00:35

You know, the screen things with a pencil attached. Except it's not a pencil, it's a pencil shaped thing with a teeny magnet on the end. You draw a picture on the board, then run a switch along the bottom and it disappears.

I want a good one, DS2 has a supermarket own, and it's been a big hit, but got a bit tatty. Suggestions please.

TIA

CybilLiberty Sun 11-Oct-09 16:01:49

Megasketcher? Any toy shop would sell them

Spockster Sun 11-Oct-09 16:06:37

ours is from ELC; 5 years old and still going strong, despite usual abuse it still works pretty well!

BethAndHerBrood Sun 11-Oct-09 16:13:51

Just looked at the one at ELC. is it worth £17?

Quite prepared to pay it if it is, but the reviews are a bit mixed. It's for a christmas present, so no immediate rush, just trying to get sorted.

difficultdecision Mon 12-Oct-09 13:29:03

http://www.elc.co.uk/toy/super-scribbler-blue/

DS (21m) has this one, it was a present but well worth £17 as he's played with it every day for the last 2 months!

paisleyleaf Mon 12-Oct-09 13:35:34

DD's got this one from Argos (£12.99)
It's been brilliant. We've had it around 4 years and it's taken quite a hammering (even got soaked a couple of times) and it's still works perfectly.
It's been great for learning line/pen control, holding the pencil, drawing practice without getting through loads and loads of paper.
It's probably been one of our best buys.

mamadivasawnaker Mon 12-Oct-09 13:40:16

We've had teh ELC one which was great to start but 3 months on the eraser bit stopped working so you had to manually push/pull it which in turn broke the mechaism all together, spoke to ELC and appaently this is a common problem.

The actual Tomy Megaskecher is much better, not as fancy but works better in the long run for us anyway.

Itsjustafleshwound Mon 12-Oct-09 13:42:08

I bought this from the ELC - if you don't mind the pinkiness of it, it is really good value and has really stood up to the hell that has been unleashed on it by DD and DS. I think there is a more 'boy' one - (my folks bought it for my nephew) and there have been no complaints from him ...

I bought it when I wanted something to keep DD busy on her long haul flight to see her grandparents - even the grandparents were keen for a turn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now