Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Those magnetic drawing things

(8 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Sun 11-Oct-09 16:00:35

You know, the screen things with a pencil attached. Except it's not a pencil, it's a pencil shaped thing with a teeny magnet on the end. You draw a picture on the board, then run a switch along the bottom and it disappears.

I want a good one, DS2 has a supermarket own, and it's been a big hit, but got a bit tatty. Suggestions please.

TIA

CybilLiberty Sun 11-Oct-09 16:01:49

Megasketcher? Any toy shop would sell them

Spockster Sun 11-Oct-09 16:06:37

ours is from ELC; 5 years old and still going strong, despite usual abuse it still works pretty well!

BethAndHerBrood Sun 11-Oct-09 16:13:51

Just looked at the one at ELC. is it worth £17?

Quite prepared to pay it if it is, but the reviews are a bit mixed. It's for a christmas present, so no immediate rush, just trying to get sorted.

difficultdecision Mon 12-Oct-09 13:29:03

http://www.elc.co.uk/toy/super-scribbler-blue/

DS (21m) has this one, it was a present but well worth £17 as he's played with it every day for the last 2 months!

paisleyleaf Mon 12-Oct-09 13:35:34

DD's got this one from Argos (£12.99)
It's been brilliant. We've had it around 4 years and it's taken quite a hammering (even got soaked a couple of times) and it's still works perfectly.
It's been great for learning line/pen control, holding the pencil, drawing practice without getting through loads and loads of paper.
It's probably been one of our best buys.

mamadivasawnaker Mon 12-Oct-09 13:40:16

We've had teh ELC one which was great to start but 3 months on the eraser bit stopped working so you had to manually push/pull it which in turn broke the mechaism all together, spoke to ELC and appaently this is a common problem.

The actual Tomy Megaskecher is much better, not as fancy but works better in the long run for us anyway.

Itsjustafleshwound Mon 12-Oct-09 13:42:08

I bought this from the ELC - if you don't mind the pinkiness of it, it is really good value and has really stood up to the hell that has been unleashed on it by DD and DS. I think there is a more 'boy' one - (my folks bought it for my nephew) and there have been no complaints from him ...

I bought it when I wanted something to keep DD busy on her long haul flight to see her grandparents - even the grandparents were keen for a turn!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: