Talk

Advanced search

Duck Duck Goose - please explain duvets to me

(5 Posts)
blithedance Sat 10-Oct-09 21:49:08

We are well overdue for a new duvet, struggling on with a lumpy old polyester one.

We need IKEA big size or super-king size and budget of about £100.

I think 10.5 tog would do us, with a blanket over for the coldest nights. (any comments?)

Ikea do a 60% duck down for about £90. Has anyone got this? Or should I splurge on the Hungarian down one that was in TK Maxx for £119?

I have gathered that down is better than feather but would I notice the difference between duck and goose?

mwff Sat 10-Oct-09 21:54:41

rhod gibert duvet advice about 4 minutes in.

blithedance Sat 10-Oct-09 23:12:08

grin

that's me

things to keep us warm are important to us welsh.

SparkyToo Tue 13-Oct-09 23:28:30

Here's some advice on which duvet is best between duck vrs goose or down vrs feather etc etc.

Personally, I prefer a 'cooler' tog of duvet and only ever go up to a 9 tog. We're still sleeping under the 4.5 tog - but maybe it's just that it's relatively warm here in London (afterall we all live so close to one-another, it's very COSY!!).

scaryteacher Wed 14-Oct-09 09:00:34

Try the Duvet and Pillow warehouse...they're online. All my duvets are from them, we have the goosefeather and down (but not the expensive ones) and they are wonderful. They have a sale on atm, and their prices are bloody good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now