Talk

Advanced search

red gingham cotbed quilt - any ideas where from?

(14 Posts)
pinkx4 Sat 10-Oct-09 13:46:55

I've set my heart on a shabby chic red gingham and roses theme for DD4 who is due on Jan 30th (DD3 had pink gingham and pink roses! - I don't want to have to do too much redecorating when we have the Big Room Change!) I can get tons of accessories but I wanted to buy her a really lovely quilt that she can keep until she turns 14 and hates it and everything else in the world. I don't mind spending a little money as I don't have anything else to buy with 3 girls already. Anyone seen any lovely quilts? Or know someone who can make something beautiful? (I have about £120 tops.)

red gingham quilt here on etsy

Also try not on the high street

LowLevelWhingeing Sat 10-Oct-09 13:54:44

Are you planning on her being in a cotbed til she's fourteen?

If you can't find anything then I sew and make quilts for family and friends so I could maybe make you something. But don't want to get on the wrong side of MNHQ with regard to advertising etc etc etc.

pinkx4 Sat 10-Oct-09 14:14:45

LowLevelWhinging:

No, by that time, I'm planning on having a large shed built at the bottom of the garden - the VERY bottom - so that each DD can go and have their 14 year old tantrums in there without disturbing me....I wish!

No, seriously, my best friend bought DD3 a gorgeous patchwork quilt with pink and green flowers from The White Company that is big enough to use as an accessory on a single bed so I wanted something slighter bigger than cot bed size, I guess. It may well be a good idea to actually measure the other quilt so that I have a better idea of what the hell I'm talking about!!!!!

steaknifethroughtheheart:
Great idea - if nothing comes up, I will definitely get back to you. Maybe I could email you a picture of the quilt DD3 has so that you have an idea what I'm looking for?

PinkPussyCat Sat 10-Oct-09 14:35:38

I bought ds's (blue gingham) cotbed duvet set from this ebay seller

Their stuff is handmade and if you drop them a line they may be able to do you one in red gingham. HTH

FlyMeToDunoon Sat 10-Oct-09 14:37:54

I just sold a red gingham ikea cotbed duvet cover. Don't think they do them anymore or even if it's at all what you might want but might be more around on ebay.
Otherwise I'll make you one.grin

PinkPussyCat Sat 10-Oct-09 14:40:31

Oops I read the thread title as quilt COVER when it's actually a quilt you're after... sorry!

pinkx4 Sat 10-Oct-09 14:53:04

Thanks anyway PinkPussyCat

SparkyToo Sat 10-Oct-09 18:51:50

There's a red gingham duvet cover here and I'm pretty sure I have seen them on The White Company website too. Not sure that they do cot bed gingham duvet covers though. You could always get a single one and lay it widthways across the cot bed (as I do)? I figured this may save a bit as my youngest will move quickly on from cot bed into single bed. To be honest cot bed may do a couple more years yet, though!!

SparkyToo Sat 10-Oct-09 18:55:16

Oh dear - I too have just realised you are after a proper quilt rather than a duvet cover. Serves me right for just going off the title of the thread and not really reading the question - Sorry blush!!

pinkx4 Sat 10-Oct-09 19:43:31

Thanks anyway SparkyToo!

pigleychez Sat 10-Oct-09 21:14:54

Tesco

very girly

american though

ebay

Any of these any good?

pinkx4 Wed 14-Oct-09 09:44:20

pigleychez:

Thanks so much for that - the Very Girly one is absolutely stunning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now