Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So I have £25 for a half decent hoover that might last a while...

(6 Posts)
mamadiva Fri 09-Oct-09 12:22:15

We have lived in our home for 3 years and this will be our 5th hoover hmm

I don't know how or why but they all break!

We had a £50 Tesco upright, £275 Vax Upright, £25 smart price cylinder and a £70 electrolux cylinder none of them survive for more than 9 months!

We are absolutely skint and TBH can't really afford the £25 but needs must because dust is threatening to eat my carpets as we have bee without a hoover for a week now blush

mamadiva Fri 09-Oct-09 12:29:29

Any recommendations please?

CarGirl Fri 09-Oct-09 12:38:38

£25!!!!!

Look on ebay for any listed within collection distance of you.

I spent £200 on a red pearl miele it comes with a free 5 year guarantee?

All electrical items are actually covered for 2 years under the EU ruling of electrical items have you tried taking the latest one back or are you doing something specific that kills them?

CybilLiberty Fri 09-Oct-09 12:42:52

I really don't think you can spend £25 on ahoover and expect it to last. Can't you borrrow one until you have saved up? Or see if Comet or anyone do interest free and pay it off a bit each month?

My Henry is the best hoover I've ever had.

mamadiva Fri 09-Oct-09 12:47:57

Defo can't get anything on credit, the list won't allow

Nothing on Ebay near me, as far as I know there is nothing we are doing that kills them, well not that I know of but we are obviously doing something!

Very annoying and noone to borrow from which is also a PITA!

CarGirl Fri 09-Oct-09 12:57:32

It's not your electrics is it? Do they all die in the same way?

Ask on freecycle?

Get one repaired - is there a local repair place to ask to look at a few of them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now