Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a John Lewis washing machine?

(15 Posts)
Wallace Thu 08-Oct-09 19:56:04

Are they any good?

fishie Thu 08-Oct-09 19:59:16

i have one it is great. more info

fruitcorner Thu 08-Oct-09 20:00:22

We have one - had it about 3 years, it replaced a Bosch one that we had - I have no complaints, I wash at least 2 loads a day and I've had no probs - with John Lewis you get an extended warranty as well.

LilyBolero Thu 08-Oct-09 20:02:56

We do. It's fine.

Wallace Thu 08-Oct-09 20:06:20

Brilliant It is the cheaper one we will be getting

Clayhead Thu 08-Oct-09 20:34:42

Yes, it's just the cheapy one and it's fab.

Wallace Thu 08-Oct-09 21:30:05

Now my dh is saying that £299 is very expensive (hmm) and we would be better getting a cheap BEko one. I pointed out that the JL one has a 3 year warranty. He said hmm it will just break after 3 years and 1 month. Does he have a point?

bibbitybobbityCAT Thu 08-Oct-09 21:32:13

No Wallace you are right and your dh is wrong. John Lewis v reliable. 3 year warranty counts for a lot.

luckywinner Thu 08-Oct-09 21:33:28

We do. It is brilliant. And I do a lot of washing. Ours is 5 years old now and still going strong. Although I have now seriously tempted fate and will most likely wake up to a pool of foamy water on the kitchen floor.

onadietcokebreak Thu 08-Oct-09 21:34:15

I would spend the extra on John Lewis nect time I needed white goods.

fishie Thu 08-Oct-09 21:36:38

no the john lewis one is cheap. beko is just shoddy.

i have recently got a jl fridge freezer as well and the spec is way above anything else in the price range.

smallorange Thu 08-Oct-09 21:37:15

I love mine. I think they are manufactured by AEG, aren't they? I think a three year warranty is great on a washing machine.

Wallace Thu 08-Oct-09 21:47:01

I love you all Of course I am right and dh wrong. Isn't that always the case? wink

I will now need to persuade him. Also we could go and buy a cheap one tomorrow, but will have to wait up to a week for the JL one and dh says we need one desperately. Like it is him that has to deal with all the washing hmm

Sidge Thu 08-Oct-09 22:09:26

We have a JL washing machine and like it so much when we replaced our dishwasher we got a JL one.

Washing machine is great, was also rated highly in the recent Which report.

Buying a Beko would IMO be false economy.

Wallace Fri 09-Oct-09 12:38:24

Went to have look at machines today. None were as good as the JL one for the price.

We came home empty handed and have now oredered the JL one grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now